Topic: Rumble

Page 1 of 1
Chris3025
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:33 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does rumble work well on the DC? I've been thinking of going out to look for a rumble adapter, but i'm not sure if it would be worth it.

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:59 pm
quote : #2
I think you should buy rumble, rumble works well. In summary, purchase rumble.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:00 pm
quote : #3
Jump Pack?
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:27 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have the official sega dreamcast rumble pack, also called jump pack. I have not personally tried any of the third part ones. However I can say that third party jump packs could cause problems with saving games. As my friend has a third party one and was unable to save games. He thought his Dreamcast was broken, until I told him to pull out the jump pack. Then he could save fine. However he is the only case I have seen this happen. Maybe there are other cases as well.

As far as the Jump Packs impact on gameplay. Certain games can benifit from it.

If you are hesitant because you feel it might be like the N64's rumble, don't worry. The Dreamcast's rumble pack works very well, and feels very solid as it extends further into the controller than the N64's did.

I like to use the rumble pack when playing Rayman and Evil Twin Smile
Posted:
Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:57 am
quote : #5
The Joytech rumble pack is really good, and it doesn't corrupt saving. It's built just as well as the official model, and its cheaper too! (in the good ol' days anyways)- The official one is till better(I've got both) but this is a worthy alternative.

I always play games w/ rumble. It adds and extra degree of realism to games. Personally I don't like rumble with Rayman 2. It might be just me, but when you do your little helicopter thing it buzzes like crazy, and then doesn't stop until I take itout and put it back in again. Mabye it's something wrong w/ my copy. Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:04 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
ive never liked rumble in games in general, i just find it unconfortable (and ive had many a nightmare with the n64 rumble *shudder*)
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:18 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I actually have stopped using the rumble on many games. I feel it only adds to the gameplay experience with specific games. So I pick and choose which game I use the rumble pack with.
Posted:
Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:32 am
quote : #8
mad catz rumble packs are quite good, i buy joytech stuff every now and again and invariably they turn out crap. but the mad catz controllers/rumble packs are sweet!! games like 4 wheel thunder really make good use of it. and theres a game i cant remember which that the controller rumbles when the characters heart beat does, is that a dc game or something else?? oh well, cant remember. vibration feature for most games is great imo.
Posted:
Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:29 pm
quote : #9
I leave the rumble in the controller always, just because i like the way it makes the controller more heavy. I would suggest buying one, just to make the controller heavier.
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:20 pm
quote : #10
...for weights? For that, I'd just get two VMS/VMU's. I really like the rumble tech in SOA, it's very over-the-top and my madcatz rumble pack seems to have very big rumbles. Some might not like its big shake, but I like having numb hands after a cool gaming experience.