Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
crazyBigDan
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:22 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
ok... what the difference between pso v1 and v2?
i think i read somewhere that v2 is basically v1 and some extra stuff... so does that mean i can play psov1 with my friend if he has psov2?

and is it really that important to get an unsealed copy? didn't i read somewhere on here that you can have the key reset?

and i read in the palPSO guide that it said that utopia disk wasn't good to boot palPSO

so can someone give me a copy of the offical boot disk... or are you gonna make me go buy it?

please answer questions with most detail possible

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:04 pm
quote : #2
crazyBigDan wrote:
ok... what the difference between pso v1 and v2?
i think i read somewhere that v2 is basically v1 and some extra stuff... so does that mean i can play psov1 with my friend if he has psov2?

Ver 2 allows you to level to 200 , v1 stops at 100
in V2 you have access to more weapons, quests, and you can see all the games in a lobby
with V1 you can only see V1 games in a lobby.
in V2 you get a few more modes of play ULTIMATE difficulty , Battle mode , and Challenge mode.
crazyBigDan wrote:

and is it really that important to get an unsealed copy? didn't i read somewhere on here that you can have the key reset?

If you get a V1 it is, seeing how Sega europe says they are not issuing anymore V1 SNAKS (Serial Number Access Keys)
crazyBigDan wrote:

and i read in the palPSO guide that it said that utopia disk wasn't good to boot palPSO

so can someone give me a copy of the offical boot disk... or are you gonna make me go buy it?

please answer questions with most detail possible

Yes the Utopia disk causes problems you can't revive teammates with reverser or moon atomizers you can end up walking thru objects.

Official? I guess you mean a real boot disk . most cheat disks do the job , we just ask that you don't use the disk for cheating.
As for buying it , I can't help you there ,but if you shop around should'nt have to pay too much.
crazyBigDan
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:28 pm
quote : #3
i'm talkin about the one thats called like DC-X or sumthing

they sell it on lik-sang or w/e that place is called

nikon recommended it

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:39 am
quote : #4
Although I don't use DC-X I believe it works
What I do use is a Gameshark CDX
I also have a Gameshark Lite , but for some reason it does'nt work well it would only boot games from other regions if I turned a cheat on (any cheat in the list not even PSO related) And that just added a extra step I could do without.
I know lordnikon recommended a disc that sells fairly cheaply on ebay , but i'm not completely sure what the name of it is.
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:16 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
crazyBigDan wrote:

if you get ver.1. you can still play with version 2 people, believe me only having ver.1. is no that bad. I would only get ver.2. if i ran out of things to do on ver.1. hope this helps , lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
crazyBigDan
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:59 pm
quote : #6
i kno you can upgrade your character from ntscPSOv1 to ntscPSOv2... but can you do that from palPSOv1 to palPSOv2?

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:50 am
quote : #7
You can I did it with my first ever character my wicked Fonewm Diogo , I started with him on pso version 1 then when I got my sealed version 2 from ebay I just transfered him to that one automatically .