Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Take a look - awesome auction Razz
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ikaruga-cocktail-arcade-cabinet-Sega-Dreamcast-shmup_W0QQitemZ6227735812QQcate goryZ3945QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted:
Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:30 pm
quote : #2
Niiiiiiice! Shocked You made that yourself? Looks almost arcade like! Very Happy

EDIT: Oh. Lol, it wasn't you.

Reply to Lordnikon's post: It was just a compliment, and it looks cool, but don't know how it would play.

Last edited by hebe on Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:14 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I can never understand why people are facinated with top down arcade cabs. Yea I know there is that whole nostalgia thing with Pac-Man and a pizza parlor. Maybe for Pac-Man it works well, but man, I'd go bonkers playing Ikaruga on that thing.
Posted:
Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:10 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
i can imagine having serious neck pain from playing like that, but still pretty cool.
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:45 pm
quote : #5
wow that looks cool, on the subject has anyone ever played on a two-player pacman coffee table?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:27 pm
quote : #6
I have an cosmic alien table from 1979 and I realy like it. I play it from time 2 time with friends. These units can be placed into a living room without having trouble with your girlfriend. If 2 ppl are playing, the picture makes a 180 g turn.

About the auction: I only showed the link coz I realy like 2 see what gamers are doing with the dc - and I hope somebody felt the same like me when he saw the pics..... Respect 2 the builder Razz
Posted:
Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:17 pm
quote : #7
that dude is including pirated DC software in that package. Time to take em down

QUOTE: "I will also give the winner of the auction the Dreamcast "Dreamshooter" shooter pack - a single disc with Ikaruga, Psyvariar 2, Zero Gunner 2 and Border Down on it, which I have seen selling for £11.99 elsewhere on ebay recently."

that is pirated software and has been reported to Ebay.co.uk

cool cocktail setup though Razz
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:13 am
quote : #8
kingbuzzo wrote:
shooter pack - a single disc with Ikaruga, Psyvariar 2, Zero Gunner 2 and Border Down on it

Why report him? That shooter pack is great - if you own all shooters its ok then! I use the shooterpack 2 save my originals....
Posted:
Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:56 pm
quote : #9
ya sure, it's great when you have all the games and the Dreampassport browser. But it's ILLEGAL to distribute it.

convenience < law
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:55 am
quote : #10
kingbuzzo wrote:
ya sure, it's great when you have all the games and the Dreampassport browser. But it's ILLEGAL to distribute it.

convenience < law

*strokes ilegal shooter pack that has games on that i dont own* oooooooo i feel dirty Laughing
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:59 am
quote : #11
kingbuzzo wrote:

convenience < law

man that sounds a bit harsh to report him, its not like sega are making money out of those games anymore.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:21 am
quote : #12

this just for when the item gets taken off ebay
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:25 am
quote : #13
The following is quoted from the DCS Statement on Piracy

This pretty much explains one of the many reasons for not promoting piracy on any dc site.

Quote:
Question
When I copy games I only harm sellers on eBay and in stores, since no company earns money out of it anymore.

Answer:
Wrong.

With this point of view you make it impossible for indie-developers to release commercial games like Feet of Fury, Inhabitants and Maqiupai in the future. People who copy, use, or glorify pirated games don't see ethical argument against their actions. For example, Ikaruga is also available for GameCube and in the Arcades. Therefore Dreamcast software pirating also reduces the sales of the GameCube version and cheat arcade owners out of potential money that would be put into the arcade machine and therefrom into the arcade owerner's wallet.

Still, Dreamcast games are being produced in Japan. The latest game Trizeal, was release in 2005 and more titles could follow if new games weren't being ripped and shared illegaly by most of the Western gamers instead of buying it from an import dealers.

But in one point you are right: You would even betray the eBay sellers and videogame stores, beside the others.

this is from ebay's rules

Quote:
Only copyright owners are permitted to sell items or products which are intended to be delivered to the buyer by electronic download through the Internet. Sellers who own the copyrights to this downloadable media being sold must state this fact in their listings and must be able to prove this ownership to eBay.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Resale of copyrighted works
Under the copyright laws, the owner of a particular copy of a copyrighted work is generally entitled to resell the particular copy they own. For example, if you purchase a copy of a DVD movie, you are allowed to resell that particular DVD. Copyright protection prevents you from copying the DVD movie and reselling the copies. If you have licensed the right to use a particular copyrighted item, you should review the license and consult with your attorney to determine whether you can resell the item.

Selling versus giving away an item
Copyright protection includes the exclusive right to distribute the copyrighted work. This usually means that giving away an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work (for example a duplicated copy of a videocassette) is not permitted. Thus, selling a pencil for $5.00, and including for "free" an unauthorized DVD copy would probably be against the law.

to be short, pirating hurts the scene a lot more than it helps. If you don't care, you don't care. If you do, then you might want to rethink some things.

anyway, that's how I and many feel on the matter. Not trying to flame or say that anyone is less of a person for pirating, just that there are consequences that they may not like to be a part of.

peace,

King.
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:43 am
quote : #14
http://www.little-gamers.com/comics/00001208.gif

Very Happy