Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
How bad is the creepies on Maximum Pool. It seems as if us gamers stumbled into some really strange realm of 40 year olds playing a pool game looking to pick up internet floosies or something. (like wandering into a seedy bar)

Are there other people there actually interested in playing a videogame? Or do most of the people online consider maximum pool as some sort of communication area to try and pick up chicks. No knock on women gamers, but I just can't see why there would be females playing maximum pool.
Posted:
Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:07 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
i havnt played with any "creepy" people on max pool, but people i played against were just up for a gud chat from what i experienced.
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:24 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Hard to say realy as most people are in game, so if they are chatting or playing is hard to tell. A gfew people hang in the lobbys and chat but most of these seem to be very offensive to almost everyone except the guy/girl thats backing them up. ON the few games I played random the other player just seemed to want to play the game and not chat. I did the other night come by what seems to be some kind of club or clan called "unzip". This seems to be a gorup of Gay men who are proud to be gay but also insist every other male online is also gay, which was rather stupid. I do have to admit I was rather abusive to them but I wont waste my time doing it again. Best just get on playing the game and leaving the lobby abuse to others with obviously more time than myself.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:21 am
quote : #4
Im just fascinated that these type of people somehow are congregating on this game. I wonder where they come from? Is it the game of pool that does it? Like would these type of people be in a store and see a pool video game as something to pick up and buy? Or do you think maximum pool has become a part of a free online game service that offers a variety of PC games to play for free?
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:09 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
Yeh I know what your saying, some of the people on Max pool remind me a lot of what the Dreamarena chat rooms were like. Dunno where they are all aquireing the game from as you say its not everyones first choice of purchase upon entering a game store. Maybe its online free for download somewhere? Could it be bennefitting from the success of Yahoo pool, dunno if you ever played it but the comunity of Yahoo pool is masive and very similar to Max pools comunity. There always seems to be at least 30000 people on Yahoo pool whenever I go on. Yahoo pool also has a very wide spectrum of players from teenage girls to old men and player-chatters, serious league fanatics and cheats. Just like Max pool then Smile

Laters
Posted:
Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:56 am
quote : #6
Most people on this game are fine and pleasent, but there are the obvious few who are just pathetic! I hate the ASL thing it just annoys me. I have had some games with people that have just hurled badly spelled abuse at me, water off a ducks back!

I have met some really good folks playing this game, especially one German person who I play snooked against a lot. He is especially good and the England vs Germany wind-ups we give each other, I actually enjoy his abuse and it adds to some great games. (He normally beats me!)

I have had some strange situations, like the guy from Poland offering me his sister (and he was serious!?)

The thing that surprised me the most was when I played under the gamer tag of Eng 3 Arg 2 and ended up playing games all night against mostly Argentinians. Those of you who do not live in Europe will not know that there is a lot of rivalry between England and Argentina. This been on the Football (Soccer) field and also due to the 1982 war between the two countries.

Well whilst playing with the Tag Eng 3 Arg 2 (straight after beating them in a Football game) you would have thought I would have got abuse etc. Quite the opposite!? All I got was friendly conversation about the game, comments on the match and some good chit chat in general. (I would especially like to play Cristian again, a complete gentleman and very funny as well)

I am aware that some think the game lobby is some sort of "Knocking Shop", but it is easy to avoid those players. I must admit that some blokes have tried to chat me up without realising I am over 6 feet tall and male. They assume that the name Kizzy means I am female. Kizzy was infact a very loyal dog I had for 18 years who loved Pubs more than me. I have always played games under this name. The reason being that in the 1970's early 1980's you could only enter 3 letters on high score tables. STE was boring and too many people called Stephen put that name in. KIZ was a tag no one used.

So for me to sum up this game it has far more pro's than cons. I think it is one of the best games I own!

Kizzy

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:57 am
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
Or do most of the people online consider maximum pool as some sort of communication area to try and pick up chicks. No knock on women gamers, but I just can't see why there would be females playing maximum pool.

lordnikon, meet Kizzy. He's a randy bugger and doesn't get out much, hence his max pool behavior.

In seriousness, why would anyone even think that they'd get a woman by chatting her up on an ancient online pool game? Hilarious.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:30 pm
quote : #8
Le Spank wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
Or do most of the people online consider maximum pool as some sort of communication area to try and pick up chicks. No knock on women gamers, but I just can't see why there would be females playing maximum pool.

lordnikon, meet Kizzy. He's a randy bugger and doesn't get out much, hence his max pool behavior.

His recent max pool game title and description a few weeks ago was hilarious. I was almost in tears laughing so hard. Laughing So classic!

Le Spank wrote:
In seriousness, why would anyone even think that they'd get a woman by chatting her up on an ancient online pool game? Hilarious.

Yea thats what makes it so funny. The first time I went online someone said ASL? I was like "you have got to be kidding me". Then I heard more reports of people having this problem. I wonder where these people are coming from. Really strange.
Posted:
Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:48 pm
quote : #9
Quote:
Le Spank wrote:

Yea thats what makes it so funny. The first time I went online someone said ASL? I was like "you have got to be kidding me". Then I heard more reports of people having this problem. I wonder where these people are coming from. Really strange.

people are stupid