Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Raz1r
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:13 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
lordnikon wrote:
I would have thought so as well. Sega or the company that is hosting them obviously forgot they are there. I hope they stay up for as long as possible. Why? Because it is a damn interesting part of Dreamcast Online History :] To think that so many years later there are these "rogue servers" still online in Spain. Pretty crazy!

They must be running Linux! Wink
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:15 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey everyone, I don't care what you think of my opinion on why the Spain servers are still up and running but Since I am into the paranormal I beleive that maybey there is a cyber ghost(kinda creepy just thinking about ti specially when it's 6 am), someone must've died in the room or whatever and is controling the servers or something. But then again you don't hear about to many cyber ghost so then it could possibly be some kind of malfunction that is causing this!! The servers do work exept no is online as usual! if any of you get the time to try them out, just think about what i wrote and you'll see why i said this!!!

Indiket
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:33 pm
quote : #18
Type: PAL
Wow, I have just tried the Spanish servers with radkin Smile
I'm from Spain (with is very nice for the distance), but I use a 33kbps PAL modem (shit...) xD
Well, all can I say is that these servers are the most equitative for me.
I and radkin got nearly the same speed (or ping) and he's using BBA from Canada (hehehe, I could get some frags ^^). Well, sometimes he got better speed (but that's normal, you can't fight vs a BBA with a 33kbps) xD.

Spanish server: 250 ping aprox. Others (dcarena.de): 300 ping aprox. (with 33kbps!).

So count on me for any fragging fridays, now that I can connect into Q3 with my DC Very Happy

Last edited by Indiket on Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Radkin
unknown
Posted:
Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:30 pm
quote : #19
yeah, that was fun. the spain server is very nice, i like the ping.
Posted:
Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:39 pm
quote : #20
I am simply amazed these things are still up. I dont think its possible that they just forgot about them though.
Kannibal
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:04 pm
quote : #21
mrandyk wrote:
I am simply amazed these things are still up. I dont think its possible that they just forgot about them though.

I am using some of these servers for the event of 8/9/07. I am also surprised for why these servers are still up, but i am sure they forgot about them or these are just automatic servers(If the exist).
Posted:
Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:50 am
quote : #22
I've played on these server one time with KoNeKo, both me and him got pretty good pings, surprisingly.

KoNeko
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:36 am
quote : #23
Yea, those were some damn good times. Those Spain servers work pretty well.

AIM: Joshy Doodles
Yahoo!: KoNek01192@yahoo.com
MSN: KoNeko1192@hotmail.com
Jabber: KoNeko1192@jabber.org
Kannibal
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 pm
quote : #24
For those of you that have been on these servers, who has gotten a lag out of nowhere and all of a sudden you have good ping again?
Posted:
Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:10 pm
quote : #25
Kannibal wrote:
For those of you that have been on these servers, who has gotten a lag out of nowhere and all of a sudden you have good ping again?

That problem happened to me.
Posted:
Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:51 am
quote : #26
lordnikon wrote:
These servers are usually empty unless someone is hosting a special game, as these servers do not appear when the North American version of Q3 scans the master list. So please be aware of this.

So how do you get to these servers? I typed in the address on Quake 3, and I can't get it to start. Can you only get on on PAL Quake 3?
Posted:
Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:07 pm
quote : #27
You use USQ3, since PALQ3 is offline.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:51 pm
quote : #28
I typed in the IP for the first server on the list and I can't figure out how to get it to work.
Posted:
Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:04 am
quote : #29
Got on in the last week, lots of fun.

So the 367 servers or whatever the list is that is scanned... is that a list updated somewhere (usually pulled up like 10 active servers.)

Is there a way to download a more active list or save IP addresses for current Quake servers?

I also noticed that the later versions of Quake 3 cannot get on these servers that the DC would use. (Though I guess I battle people all the time on other platforms.)

What is the network version that the DC Quake 3 uses that the other platforms don't and what standard do they use?

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:45 am
quote : #30
Quake 3 on the dreamcast uses v1.16n.