1, 2  Next
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
I treat mine with respect but I still seem to go through an awful lot of them. I reckon I have had 7-10 controlers and I now only have one left and thats on the blink. They all just stop working or begin to lose connection during gameplay which can be made to work again by wiggling the wire at the controller end. This works for a while then it will die. Is it just me or does anyone else get reliability issues with official DC controls?

Laters
Posted:
Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:34 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
my official controller works fine, my only gripe is that when i take vmu's out (sumtimes) and then re-ensert them the DC doesnt think that there is a controller in whatever port i have it in, but this can usualy be sorted by taking out the controller and then plugging it back in.
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:56 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Blast, have you tried these controllers on another Dreamcast?

Also maybe something is up with your power outlets, maybe frying out the controllers? or you have a bad port resistor in the Dreamcast?
Posted:
Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:38 pm
quote : #4
mcmonkey wrote:
my official controller works fine, my only gripe is that when i take vmu's out (sumtimes) and then re-ensert them the DC doesnt think that there is a controller in whatever port i have it in, but this can usualy be sorted by taking out the controller and then plugging it back in.

Happens to me too. Some controllers seem to do it more than others though, and it usually just depends on where it is. Sometimes my Dreamcast won't accept it if the controller is too deep in the port.
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:48 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
Blast, have you tried these controllers on another Dreamcast?

Also maybe something is up with your power outlets, maybe frying out the controllers? or you have a bad port resistor in the Dreamcast?

Yeh possible there could be other factors but then I seem to have had controller issues on all my different DC's

Laters
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:14 am
quote : #6
I don't have any problems with my original controllers...
They're all working fine.

The only one that stopped working properly was a non-sega product.

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:01 pm
quote : #7
Yeah very weird then again you seem to have your share of dreamcast bad luck , since your other one went pink when you turned it on (the screen that is )

I got quite a few controllers since they all work and I had to get 3 dreamcast for various and annoying reasons and they all still work , so dontknow why that is.

Im guessing here maybe its about your power supply and how it might shortcircuit your controllers or its the controller tap itself which makes them not work.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:24 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
charmed_699 wrote:
Yeah very weird then again you seem to have your share of dreamcast bad luck , since your other one went pink when you turned it on (the screen that is )

I got quite a few controllers since they all work and I had to get 3 dreamcast for various and annoying reasons and they all still work , so dontknow why that is.

Im guessing here maybe its about your power supply and how it might shortcircuit your controllers or its the controller tap itself which makes them not work.

LOL...uhh ohh blast m8, we are now being confused with each other...lol....we obviously play too much together Smile , its me who had the pink DC, but I have a new problem (I think gonna have to test again) my 56K modem seems to have died on me Sad oh well I have more Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:26 pm
quote : #9
charmed_699 wrote:

Well being very basic I know that the problem lies at the controler end of the contrller lead. In my case this seems to loose contact and can be for a while fixed by wiggling it then it just becomes dead. I reckon its actulay to do with the lead comming out of the front of the DC control where it has to do a bend back on its self to go back to the DC. This means there is always strain on the flexible part of the cord at the control end. As I play in the front room sitting a fair way from the DC I guess this strain is multiplied in my case and eventualy the small wires inside are either pulled from inside the control or are some how affected by the permanent bend during play.

Answering my own question, kinda defies the object huh lol.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:00 pm
quote : #10
do you guys put the dc cable in the little holder thing under the controller? maybe that could be a source of problems
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:47 pm
quote : #11
mcmonkey wrote:
do you guys put the dc cable in the little holder thing under the controller? maybe that could be a source of problems
Hehe. No. Can not doing that really hurt the controller though? I just wrap it around the controller.
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:37 pm
quote : #12
ive always had a problem with the Y button not working when you have to hold it down for extended periods, as in FPSs. kind of annoying, but not a huge deal.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
JoMusashi
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:29 am
quote : #13
The analog stick on my controller started going weird recently (it would sometimes go right without being pressed). some contact cleaner seems to have fixed it.

Check out my music:

http://www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:52 am
quote : #14
JoMusashi wrote:
The analog stick on my controller started going weird recently (it would sometimes go right without being pressed). some contact cleaner seems to have fixed it.

i have trouble with that to, it just goes right for no apparent reason!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:35 am
quote : #15
JoMusashi wrote:
Same for me, only on one controller. What would you recommend to clean it with?