Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2  Next
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
it came it came it came! I was dieing to to get it seemed like so much fun, and the shipping wasn't too fast, which made me rip out my hair. I think waiting for the computer to take turns is really boring and should have only taken a few seconds... really wastes game time and slows it down. The thing is when I tried to get online just to see what the interface was like, im guess servers are almost always empty like Chu Chu Rocket, it said "couldn't contact server" ... can anyone help me I no literally nothing about worms online and what not...

EDIT: I used one of the MSN numbers that was listed ... hmmm did something happen to those because there not listed on the free ISP list anymore ... hmmm ill just try another

Last edited by DreamcastMagic on Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:49 pm
quote : #2
Hmmmm couldnt contact server. You should be able to log on (even if u r the only 1 there)

this doesnt sound good Sad i know that some ppl cant connect because their ISP.

Have you tried a few times?. Try it a few times ina row.
Do you have another ISP u can use?

My ISP works fine with Q3a, worms, surfing with Dreamkey 3.0... but my ISP doesnt work with F355.

I have to use the ISP that is included with Dreamkey 3.0 to access F355 (which is crap coz i have to pay local call rates with that ISP) Sad

Chris5687 and Lordnikon have no problem with worms and they r USA.. maybe speak to them.
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:52 pm
quote : #3
This is part of my reply to Dreamcast Magic though private messanging. I do this cause I had to go though this and it took a looong time for me to get this working. (Well not exactly this game, but all my 3rd party games were not working) I wanted to help people should they ever come across this problem cause i was out of the DC for 2-3 weeks.I should let other people suffer my pain Razz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After going though free ISP after ISP (I too used my MSN account) I had to use a free one to make it work.

Go to the free ISP page lordnkon has set-up. Use the first one, the juno one. it connects fast and works with all games.

If for some reason you can;t get that ISP to work, first make sure you got it dialing the number corrctly (with the 1-800 being dialed on your dc) If you still have problems and can't get it to work, I'd say keep trying a different ISP.

I can tell you right now not to waste your time on the bob@spire.com one. It doesn't work with 3rd party games. And I guess that MSN one did stop working, cause one day it wouldn't work for me and I switched to JUNO.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:09 pm
quote : #4
ouch 2 to 3 weeks, thanks for the info.. and the more I think about it worms a so much fun ... i must play it online ... cool game tonight.. maybe i can drop by lets hope

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:31 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey guys, I updated the FREE ISP list here a few days ago on:
Last Updated November 12th, 2003 1:22 AM GMT+6

Check the ISP list for these new dotnow! accounts. See if those work. Also the one account that has always worked for me consistantly...and has been around...well since as long as I have been gaming online with my dreamcast. Is that 1-800 account for the Juno one. It hasn't gone away in over 9 months.

let me know if your still having problems, I know those MSN accounts don't work anymore.
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:37 pm
quote : #6
YYYAAAAAAYYYYY Smile i hope u get it to work.

i reccomend u play the training missions and then the proper missions... they really make u think about the different uses for all the equipment.

playing a normal game against the CPU is nothing like playing against another player Smile the CPU is thick as 2 short planks lol

i look forward to playing u, what is your timezone? i think it is GMT-6 but im not sure

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:52 pm
quote : #7
Sweet i got it too work...thanks

[UKR]DreamcastUK
unknown
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:51 am
quote : #8
Worms World Party works fine for me and I have played Wormy on there before but lately I have been missing his games because my games cross over times....
I will try and join maybe today
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:39 pm
quote : #9
How long will this game stay online?
Dream
Cast
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:51 pm
quote : #10
AC/DC wrote:
How long will this game stay online?

Who knows? It could be in 3 months. A year, maybe tomorrow. No one knows for sure, excpt maybe people at gameloft.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:14 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
I believe Team17 is in control of this games online features. Since it is called WORMNET. Where is the indication that gameloft runs wwp? If it does go offline, I feel i could easily email team 17 and work something out as far as server software. I have spoken with them before about worms3d being online for other consoles. They sent me back a well written reply, that was very informative.

I wouldn't recommend emailing team17 about the worms world party server status.....out of paranoia. Why? Simply because this could notify someone about the server....and then it might get taken offline. Such as...."ohhh ok...holy shit wwp is still online??!! man we need to get that server down."

I always have the hopes that some of these games that are still up, are up because the server bills are just embedded in some corp payrolll junk and the companies have completly forgotten about the servers existing.
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:17 pm
quote : #12
good point

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:16 pm
quote : #13
lordnikon wrote:
I believe Team17 is in control of this games online features. Since it is called WORMNET. Where is the indication that gameloft runs wwp?

I thought someone told me that. maybe I'm going insane after Chu Chu rocket closing Rolling Eyes

But yeah, I wouldn't say anything about the servers to them unless the fianlly shut them down.

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:54 am
quote : #14
hehehe yeah Nikon thats what i always imagine about he worms server Smile
i picture the worms server .. sitting in a dark cupboard that got bricked over and every1 forgot about it,... lol i can live with any server bugs.... as long as there is a server i am happy Smile

(wormy's nightmare scenario)-
i just hope sum1 doesnt think.. ;
'hmmmmm i wonder where this cable goes... hmmmm it goes into that cupboard.. i wonder whats in there... wow a server, and its ON!!! id better put it off.' - (then i wake up in a cold sweat) LLOOOOLL

(and if its possible that u could work sumthing out if it does go offline is good 2 Very Happy)

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:50 pm
quote : #15
Setting up a petition would be smart too, if it does going offline