Topic: Online Multiplayer Question

Page 1 of 2
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Is Evo a 2 player online game? I remember the demo being 2 player... if only more games could've been like that.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:46 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
4x4 online you can host a game for up to 4 players on your DC. You can play with more than 4 players by joining a PC hosted game that alows more than 4 players. Joining a lot of PC hosted games requires you to have a downloaded track on your VMU.

A bit off topic but what are the system requirements for 4x4 PC version?

Laters
Posted:
Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:56 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
You can play with more than 4 players? By joining a PC hosted game? I thought 4x4 Evolution followed the same player restrictions as Q3?

Even still, if you can join a game with 5+ you would have to have a nice dialup connection to take on more than 3 opponents.
Posted:
Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:54 am
quote : #4
Type: Pal
lordnikon wrote:
You can play with more than 4 players? By joining a PC hosted game? I thought 4x4 Evolution followed the same player restrictions as Q3?

Even still, if you can join a game with 5+ you would have to have a nice dialup connection to take on more than 3 opponents.

I will check it out but I am sure I have played in the odd game with more than 4 players when I first played 4x4 online. It will be rather hard to check seing as 99% of PC games play custom tracks but I will try.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:41 am
quote : #5
Nope,
a lil wrong their blast, PC players can play with upto 8 players,
But if a DC joins, then only 4 is allowed, because of the DC, but people arn't like 'your DC, get out, stupid 4 player noob' they just like 'your on DC? cool!! =-)'

Really nice community on this game,
and also, you dont need to save the track to your VMU, you can download the track but not save it if you wish, then when you leave the server, you dont have the track again, thats what i just do, if you saved every track, then jeez, ull have to have hundreds of VMU's, lol.

Also, i dont know of any track downloading sites,
but back when i played, (getting dreamcast online again soon Very Happy) back when i played, their was this page, where you could type an address and download a track in-game (yes DC users could also do this)
and it was sometthing like "members.lycos.co.uk/teamcrashy/*trackname" , thats the way everyone downloaded the tracks, yes even PC users used that.

I remember tons of fun tracks,
I'll name them, but not the exact name, i cant remember all the names,
here i go.
List of fun tracks i remember:-
Campgrounds
Airport
CDE-40 (or some weired name like that, it was a really kool stunt track, but not like them PC modded ones where the DC cars cant do it)

Well,
their the only fun tracks i remember the names of.

Theirs about 12 more in my head, but cant think of the names right now Razz

Adam.

Name is xADAMx on SunstriderEU.
Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:00 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
4x4 evo has some really good download tracks. too bad i dont have the links anymore since i formatted. But i have alot of downloaded on my VMU? BTW we ever gonna host any on this site? there are 3 battle maps that are really fun but i cant remember the names. I might get into playing this again like i have starlancer. I just picked a new phone line since im doing starlancer again.

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:02 pm
quote : #7
Nico0020 wrote:
4x4 evo has some really good download tracks. too bad i dont have the links anymore since i formatted. But i have alot of downloaded on my VMU? BTW we ever gonna host any on this site? there are 3 battle maps that are really fun but i cant remember the names. I might get into playing this again like i have starlancer. I just picked a new phone line since im doing starlancer again.

Smile nice one on starting playing 4X4,
Fun game!!

Tank
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:54 pm
quote : #8
You can play two player split-screen online. Which means you and another person can both use one Dreamcast and race other people online.

Dreamcast games have up to four players,PC games have up to eight players. If a PC player is hosting an eight player game,Dreamcast players can't join that game.

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:57 pm
quote : #9
Tank wrote:
You can play two player split-screen online. Which means you and another person can both use one Dreamcast and race other people online.

Dreamcast games have up to four players,PC games have up to eight players. If a PC player is hosting an eight player game,Dreamcast players can't join that game.

Yes they can!
But if a dreamcast player joins, then the player limit is knocked down to 4 people.

A dreamcast can only join if it has less than 4 players in the race, if it already has more than 4players, then a Dreamcast cant join...

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:28 am
quote : #10
Type: PAL
Tank wrote:

wow Shocked hold it there are you 100% sure that you can play "splitscreen" online - on the dreamcast. if so how do you do it because that sounds like fun!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:06 am
quote : #11
Yeah you can, and it is fun.
I aint been on in over a year, because i cant get online right now, and ive done that when my mates come over.

Cant quite remember how to do it, but maybe try pressing start on 2P when you get in a game?

Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:47 am
quote : #12
Thats what I was commenting on before. I think Evo 4 x 4 is the only games, outside the sports of course, that will leave you go on with someone else on 1 console and play online. That is pretty sweet, actually. I wish developers would've done this more.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:05 pm
quote : #13
Type: NTSC-U/C
Bomberman Online and Ooga Booga allowed you to do this as well.
Posted:
Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:10 am
quote : #14
And Chu Chu Rocket, right? I can't remember...

Slightly off-topic, If I was to purchase one of those discs that allow you to play import games on a PAL DC, could I play 4x4 Evo online with you lot? Saves me buying a US DC, y'see.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:08 pm
quote : #15
Type: PAL
Douggie wrote:
And Chu Chu Rocket, right? I can't remember...

Slightly off-topic, If I was to purchase one of those discs that allow you to play import games on a PAL DC, could I play 4x4 Evo online with you lot? Saves me buying a US DC, y'see.

yeh, you can download a bootdisc of the internet if your familiar with burning things to disc.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now