Topic: Online Multiplayer Question

Page 2 of 2
Douggie
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:40 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
I've never had any luck with burning stuff to disc for my Dreamcast Sad - it never boots up.

I will probably just buy one off Ebay.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:12 am
quote : #17
Type: PAL
if you live in the uk you could send me a SAE (stamped addressed envelope) and a blank disc, then i could burn you a bootdisk and send it back to you. just an offer, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Douggie
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:12 am
quote : #18
Lol, well I do live in the UK, in Buckinghamshire. Is that anywhere near you?

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:29 am
quote : #19
Douggie wrote:
Lol, well I do live in the UK, in Buckinghamshire. Is that anywhere near you?

ok this is getting way offtopic, ill pm you instead lol.
btw how do you "unlock" 2 player mode online, i mean does a second controller have to activaite it or what?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Mon May 29, 2006 9:42 am
quote : #20
All you need is a second controler in port 2. Join simple online and when you are connected and you are in a gameroom - press start on the second controller and the second player will be able 2 play. Its playable but the behind the car camera angel is different 2 the 1 player mode and not perfect.
Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:30 pm
quote : #21
i dont understand why the DC is limited to 4. Why does that effect an 8 player game when a DC joins? Can't it just compensate? Shocked Can you play four player offline? If you had a mulitap on your DC would it allow over 4? Have any of you played this game with a PS2 controler? Can two people on one DC join in an online game against 2 others? And what is the general population of 4×4ers? And your saying you can't play PC maps? Can they play every DC map on their PCs? Can we create new maps?

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:46 am
quote : #22
Topside wrote:
i dont understand why the DC is limited to 4. Why does that effect an 8 player game when a DC joins? Can't it just compensate? Shocked Can you play four player offline? If you had a mulitap on your DC would it allow over 4? Have any of you played this game with a PS2 controler? Can two people on one DC join in an online game against 2 others? And what is the general population of 4×4ers? And your saying you can't play PC maps? Can they play every DC map on their PCs? Can we create new maps?

Doesent matter of you're on DC or PC, both Platforms can play all maps. Only PCs can actully create new maps, but DC players can play them.

Name is xADAMx on SunstriderEU.
Topside
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:00 am
quote : #23
can the DC save those new maps?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:44 am
quote : #24
Type: NTSC-U/C
The Dreamcast can save them to the memory card by downloading them from the internet.
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:15 am
quote : #25
Topside wrote:
Have any of you played this game with a PS2 controler? Can two people on one DC join in an online game against 2 others?

1.) Yes - works great
2.) Yes - but the behind the car view (camera) isnt located high enough - so its a little bit tricky 2 race.
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:44 pm
quote : #26
grubensau wrote:
Topside wrote:
Have any of you played this game with a PS2 controler? Can two people on one DC join in an online game against 2 others?

1.) Yes - works great
2.) Yes - but the behind the car view (camera) isnt located high enough - so its a little bit tricky 2 race.

Really?

I did'nt find any problems with it at all...

Name is xADAMx on SunstriderEU.
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:13 am
quote : #27
lordnikon wrote:
Bomberman Online and Ooga Booga allowed you to do this as well.

Holy cow! I know a little late with the response, but I didn't know that either of those had the same feature. Dammit, Sega, selling of SNAP.... GRRRR.

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:37 am
quote : #28
Topside wrote:
i dont understand why the DC is limited to 4. Why does that effect an 8 player game when a DC joins? Can't it just compensate?

Very simple . There is somewhere on gamespy sport a interview with the developers of the game . They state , that the dc have not enough Power . And if they put more then 4 cars in it would have lagged .

Edit
Quote:
SportPlanet: *Krankerz* why are there only 4 players simulanesouly on DC and 8 on PC and MAC?

Terminal Reality: We can only draw 4 high poly trucks at one time without too much slowdown.

Terminal Reality: That's 20K polys just for the trucks.

Source= http://www.sportplanet.com/features/articles/4x4chat/index3.shtml
Topside
unknown
Posted:
Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:28 pm
quote : #29
i dont get it.. Is this because most DCs are on 56k? I recall some football games i had on the SNES were over 4 players.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:03 pm
quote : #30
Type: NTSC-U/C
Douggie wrote:
And Chu Chu Rocket, right? I can't remember...

Slightly off-topic, If I was to purchase one of those discs that allow you to play import games on a PAL DC, could I play 4x4 Evo online with you lot? Saves me buying a US DC, y'see.

ha if you send me a copy of shenmue 2 ill buy you a us dreamcast ther cheap and importing shunmue2 is expensive ebay ppl want a lot maybe its a lot over seas too damn i want shenmue2 but not for 70 or 80$