Topic: DC search help

Page 1 of 1
evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:01 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
ive heard that before DC went down, they were plannin 2 make a DVD upgrade to the system, i look and look and cant find any info on this, or I do but their mostly forum or email talk, anybody has a link i can read this on with solid info and some pics would do nice
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:56 am
quote : #2
I have heard it also. Probably is true. They were also planning on makng a Zip drive which also didn't get released.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:06 pm
quote : #3
Well here is the story ... I did mention this in one of m old posts some where

Dreamcast Zip Drive - from my site "While the Dreamcast zipdrive was never released it was the first step in build-in harddrive consoles like the Xbox. The reson for not being released is most likly because the reason the zip drive was created was to be able to copy data and move it cheaply and with the high costs of a cd burner at that time the zip drive was a cheap solution to cd's. But as time pasted sega desided not to release it due to being out data buy cd burners that were lowing in price by leps and bonds, unlike in the past there was a lower demand for a zip drive."

Dreamcast vmu chaped mp3 player- Was shown at E3 2000, but as a model only, I some real cool looking photo's of it ... im going to update my hardware section of my site with them ... ill pm you with a link when I do

Dreamcast with a built in DCD player- Same thing basic it was only made in model form, no working version ever made.

And im sure more things were shown but thats the only add-on that never came out that I know of