Page 1 of 2
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
hey, im after some advise. I am after some good 2 player dreamcast games, i might get 2 arcade sticks so preferably acrcade stick compatible. i am mainly after some good 2 player fighters / beat-em-ups and some good 2 player shoot-em-ups. thanks, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:14 pm
quote : #2
I heard fighting vipers was really fun on two player and maybe it supported the sticks too !
The virtua fighter is pretty cool too , as is street fighter versus capcom which i believe they all support the sticks I think .

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:15 pm
quote : #3
well you cant go wrong with the KOF series, street fighter series or indeed the wholy grail of DC beat 'em up's Soul Calibur Mr. Green
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:22 pm
quote : #4
ok, so now i think i will be getting soul calibur, but for a shoot-em-up im not sure, cannon spike looks quite good but so does giga wing.
anyhow i want to know if you can use the mini-twin-sticks to act as two seperate arcade sticks? also is beats of rage arcade stick compatible? any help at all would be appreciated, thanks, lozz.

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:50 pm:

ah lik-sang are selling the blaze mini arcade sticks, but with packaging its £35 is it worth it?

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:33 pm
quote : #5
Lozz,

For that sort of money, I would highly suggest buying a couple of nice PS2 or universal arcade sticks and controller adapters for PS2. 35 pounds is a lot to spend on the mini twin stick setup. Plus, I think you'll find having the flexibility of not being forced to sit at home right next to your opponent a bonus.

I would suggest getting PS2 or universal arcade sticks, because there's a lot of great ones to choose from out there that can also be used with the PS2, Gamecube, or XBox, if you want to. Only go after the official Dreamcast arcade stick if you're after it for the collector value. There's better, more cost effective sticks available for less money.

I have two third party Dreamcast sticks, but I later picked up two Soul Calibur II arcades sticks and adapters allowing me to use them on Dreamcast too. They work flawlessly, and have a nice, short throw on the stick.

Anyway, as for 2 player fighting games or shooters to try out with an arcade stick, the Dreamcast has a ton of arcade perfect or near perfect conversions to choose from. I would strongly suggest the following:

Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive 2
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Guilty Gear
Marvel Vs. Capcom II (1 too)
Capcom Vs. SNK 2: MF 2001 (1 too. Some prefer the 1st one, but I prefer CvS2)
Street Fighter III (Third Strike or Double Impact, which has two games)
Ultimate Fighting Championship
King of Fighters '99 Dream Match or Evolution (great gameplay but tired visuals)

Other great arcade ports to try out are:

Gundam Federation Vs. Zeon DX (awesome arcade mech fighter developed by Capcom)
Tech Romancer
Heavy Metal Geomatrix
Power Stone 1 and 2
Spawn: In the Devil's Hand
Canon Spike
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Strange but entertaining fighter based on anime series. The graphical style is great)

There's a lot of great shooters available too, but I'm gawd awful at them. It would be better if someone else listed those for you.

Anyway, I really enjoy playing the games listed above, epecially when I end up on the giving end of a good old-fashioned beat down. There's so many great arcade conversions of fighting games on Dreamcast that you really can't go wrong.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:33 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
Well as I guess you know I 99% play the DC for its online side but I still know that Bomerman online, Ooga booga and Worms world party make great 2 player or more titles.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:18 pm
quote : #7
kingofgrills wrote:
Lozz,

For that sort of money, I would highly suggest buying a couple of nice PS2 or universal arcade sticks and controller adapters for PS2. 35 pounds is a lot to spend on the mini twin stick setup. Plus, I think you'll find having the flexibility of not being forced to sit at home right next to your opponent a bonus.

I got the Blaze arcade stick for a pretty good price of 30 dollars at a store and like it a lot. The mini-twin stick set up is nice, and its got built in rumble and some nice features. I agree that sitting right next to your opponent can be uncomfortable... but it's also a bonus if you know any (preferrably hot) female gamers. Wink However, 35 pounds is a lot more money than I got it for, I'd pick it up if in the 20 pounds range.
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:21 pm
quote : #8
pakkitman wrote:
I got the Blaze arcade stick for a pretty good price of 30 dollars at a store and like it a lot. The mini-twin stick set up is nice, and its got built in rumble and some nice features. I agree that sitting right next to your opponent can be uncomfortable... but it's also a bonus if you know any (preferrably hot) female gamers. Wink However, 35 pounds is a lot more money than I got it for, I'd pick it up if in the 20 pounds range.

an arcade stick for 20 of my english pounds!!! ur having a larf yes? ive never seen one for less than £40 in game shops (but ive never looked on t'internet for one tho......maybe i should one of these days)
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:26 pm
quote : #9
Larf?
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=28&products_id=3443&
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:28 pm
quote : #10

.....fuck *falls off chair*
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:32 am
quote : #11
PROJECT McFREAKIN JUSTICE!

I swear. Next time this game isn't mentioned I'll punch someone really hard. I mean... really really hard.

Get this game first. No. I'm forcing you. You have no choice. And to clarify, McFreakin isn't really part of the title. It's Project Justice. Learn it. Live it. Love it.
Posted:
Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:18 am
quote : #12
pakkitman wrote:

hahaha i wish, anyway how close are you, i mean are you like actually touching (remember im only 14 so im not as big as most of you guys lol)? i mean that could be annoying. also people mentioned getting ps2 arcade sticks, any in particular? and out of all the games people have said what would be good for someone who is totally new to the genre?

edit: ahhhh i've just had a big kick-in the teeth apparently the only good fighter to run off vga is guilty gear, i was told vga resolution is too big for fighters, how about shoot-em-ups are they good with vga?

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:43 am
quote : #13
For newbs in the genre Soul Calibur is a good start, it's easy to get into and has the most extra's out of the fighters (with the possible exceptions of SF3Alpha, or Power Stone 2). Secondly, with the arcade stick, you're legs are basically just barely touching. A bit of manuevering around and you're okay. For people new to the shooter genre, Trizeal and Mars Matrix are good pick-ups. Zero Gunner 2 is also good for beginners with its many different difficulty levels. I don't own VGA (yet) so I can't help you with that problem yet I'm afraid.
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:10 pm
quote : #14
thanks pakkitman i can get soul calibur cheap from my local game store.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:20 pm
quote : #15
ive always thought DOA2 to be very newbie friendly (thats if there not spending there time staring at bouncing things...)