Topic: Newbie Help, thanks...

Page 1 of 1
BoromirLives
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ok so I gave up investing in a 360 and am putting full effort back into my beloved Dreamcast. I'm going hardcore with DC and I want to get online with it. I apologize greatly in advance but where on this green earth can I get the broadband adapter.... BESIDES EBAY. There always seems to be one up for auction but I'm never home to win these damn auctions. I would get the adapter and Quake 3 to play with you fine Sega fans. Is it hopeless lol?? I've been visiting this site for a few weeks now and I can't believe there are great people out there who still treasure the DC and are willing to go the extra mile to get it online. I'm reaching out here to you fellow gamers. I need the adapter, quake and thats it I assume. What about the browser though? If I somehow get the BBA will it come with an uptodate browser? Last question is for F355, the site says online play but does this just mean posting high scores or are people actually racing one another ?? Thanks so much guys, I'm such a newb with this.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:13 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The only real place to acquire one is eBay. As you said it yourself, Dreamcast Online gaming requires an "extra mile" of effort to get online. Keep an eye out for Buy it Now auctions. If you can get a BBA for 150 or less, just buy it now if you are unable to sit and snipe the auction. If you need a browser and your Dreamcast can play burned software, then you can download a browser from the net and burn it to a cdr(some later models do not play burned cdr software).

I recommend you check out the Guides section which has tons of information and guides that will start to give you a general working knowledge of Dreamcast Online.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, and also don't be afraid to use the Search function in the upper right of the main forum index.

As far as questions on F355 gameplay, we try to keep threads on topic and related to the forum they are posted in. So, for inquiries on F355 gameplay, please hit up the F355 Challenge forum.

Welcome to OnlineConsoles Wink
Posted:
Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:17 pm
quote : #3
this never fails. After I post a "hey guys I could use some help" I always find the answers to my questions in other threads and discussion groups. Sorry about that, its my rookie mistake of the day. It happens to me once in a while... a brain freeze. thanks for the feedback. I'm happy to be a member of this site now, hopefully I can celebrate the new year by becoming an online DC gamer.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:24 pm
quote : #4
Hehe well yea there is a ton of information here and lots of good reading. Poke around and you'll usually find the answer to your question, but if you are unable to locate or track down said info, feel free to ask.

Yea Dreamcast Online gaming is a pretty pure environment. Most people are just thankfull to be online and gaming, so the atmosphere is really great. It does take some work, but the payoff is well worth the effort.

Getting online with the DC is indeed a great way to bring in the New Year. Smile
Posted:
Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:30 pm
quote : #5
There is one auction up on Ebay so I'll keep an eye on that one. I'm hoping for a Buy it Now auction soon, that would solve all my problems. I'm starting a mass search online right now but I doubt it will turn up anything. If by some crazy chance I find a Japanese BBA, would that work with the us system as well? In the Faq section it says YES for a PAL system so I assume a jap. BBA works for a US system. The search begins!! Wish me luck

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:55 pm
quote : #6
Yes a jap BBA will work in a us system but you have to be sure what kind of BBA it is. They released a LAN BBA in japan and It won't work for quake.I believe theres a guide telling you what one you want.

Posted Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:16 pm:

Here is the link: http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_doc_ethernet.php