Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm

Blue Submarine 6 : Time and Tide... The reviews I've seen for this game have been good, but how importable is this baby...and how does it play?
Oh, did I mention this game looks beautiful?
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:43 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have always wondered about this game as well. I have wanted it for a long time but always figured it was just a choose your own adventure type game with cut scenes. Is there actual gameplay involved?
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:22 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
don't know why but it reminds me of myst
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:26 am
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
I have always wondered about this game as well. I have wanted it for a long time but always figured it was just a choose your own adventure type game with cut scenes. Is there actual gameplay involved?
According to the, admittantly crude, translation of a French review, its a mission based game with shooting submarine action. Sounds like Deep Fighter, except, from the positive reviews I've heard, better. The only person I know that owns this is Yakumo, seeing that he owns almost every Dreamcast game lol...here's what he said at segagagadomain.

Yakumo wrote:
Yet another obscure and pretty rare Sega release from Dreamcast. Based on the Manga by Satoru Ozawa and OVA (Original Video Animation) of the same name. The game is based around the exploits of a submarine salvage team that runs into some trouble but I'll keep from telling you so that not to spoil the game. Blue Submarine features some really nice cell shaded character graphics in the adventure parts of the game along with some excellent music by Thrill the original composer for the OVA's music. The action sequences are all based under water in a submarine as you'd expect. The graphic detail here is also very high but what's most important in the control of the submarine. I'm happy to say that this isn't a thing to find faults with. The handling of the Submarine is so fluent that you'd forget it was a game. If you can find a copy of this pretty rare title then DO buy it but be prepared to pay a bit more for it than your average used game. This one I have set me back 4000 yen !!! That's quite a bit for a used but in mint condition game.

Still, all I can find about real info on this game are some menu translations from GameFAQ's.
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:26 pm
quote : #5
KinsukeJP over at GameFAQs did a partial translation/walkthrough, which makes me wonder about the the language barrier. It looks interesting, but what I want to know is if this game features artwork by Range Murata? I know that he worked on the anime of the same name (hehe he also dominated my avatar for a looong time).
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:21 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Tao wrote:
...but what I want to know is if this game features artwork by Range Murata?

Yes Smile This was my primary motivation for checking out the title as well, however I only wanted to buy it if I was able to do something other than look at dialogue filled still images.

It looks like there is actual gameplay from that second shot.
Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:21 pm
quote : #7
There is. According to a preview at shinforce.com, there is a lot of text, but submarine upgrading (ala RPG's) and underwater action sequences.
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:07 pm
quote : #8
Darn, that game always looks really cool. I'm just afraid the language barrier might be a deal killer.

How are my little crackers doing today?