1, 2  Next
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Hi all Well I think today is a sad day. I went to sleep tonight on my sofa whilst watching match of the day and woke up around 02.15am. Normaly I would just go to bed at this time but as I have been playing so much PSO recently I decided to log on for an hour or so and see who was on. I loaded up my Char Arthurmaizey and headed online. PSO dialed up and connected as far as I could tell I was playing with the little star on the way in as I always do. Screen went black and the DC began to load for the Download or ship option and then seemd to just reset. DC booted up again so I let PSO load whilst wondering if maybe a reset at this time would loose all my unequiped items. The result was not even as good as the loss of all my items, insted I got the horid screen when loading in Arthurmaizey "press A to reload" Sad . This is the same even after rebooting the game.

I have always said that Arthurmaizey will be my last ever PSO char and that when anything goes wrong I will cease to be a DC PSO player. I Have had an ace time on PSO this Christmas period, bumping into old friends and making new ones. So much have I enjoyed it that I even continued playing after the Christmas hols had finished, I have been enjoying PSO in a way that I havent for maybe 2 years when Arthurmaizey was first created. Arthurmaizey holds such good memories for me with Segadreamcaster (RYO) M1, Brockstrongo and everyone else who played in the PSO playpen games of a few years back. Arthurmaizey was created for the birth of my child the name is the 2 choices of names we had Arthur for a boy and Maizey for a girl. I was on PSO in the wee hours of the morning with Segadreamcaster, M1 and Brockstrongo and was able to announce that I was going offline because my wife was in labour and I was off to the hospital Smile Maizey was born some 8 hours later.

Now i have a dilema, do I stay true to what I have always said and quit PSO or do I once again somehow pick myself up dust myself
down and start all over again. Aurthurmaizey was my best ever PSO char, 103 is the highest lvI ever made and this char made good finds and seemed to be a four slot armour magnet. The main reason for my dilema is that a friend in work a few days ago gave me a warning about making self fullfilling prophecys (Spelling?). To say Arthurmaizey is my last ever PSO char is a self fullfilling prophecy I guess. If I dont come back maybe all my other prophecys will come true and none of them are what you would call nice prophecys. I guess I will have to contemplate this for a few days and take stock of my thoughts of what I want to do.

So to all of you PSO players thats why I am not on PSO right now. Even if I decide not to return with another char I will at least pop back on and say cheerio before I go so that for those friends that are not OC memebers I am not just another face that vanishs into thin air.

Of course if anyone has a fix for the "press A to reload problem" let me know but I have not known this problem to be fixable in the past.

Arthurmaizey over and out.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:01 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Here is my take. I have been playing GameCube PSO for quite sometime now. On the gamecube you can create 4 characters per memory card. I have been leveling 4 seperate characters. In-fact one of them I leveled to 40 and then started him over again.

If I lost all of my characters in a memory card corruption, I would just start a new character. I am so used to it now after leveling 2 characters on the Dreamcast, and then 4 on the GameCube.

My main character is level 139. Let me tell you, later in the game, it takes a long time to level. I feel the first 1-100 levels are the funnest levels in the game. Especially 1-50. I am happy I have v1 on the Dreamcast, because I can level chars to 100, and then start a fresh one!

If you really think about it, in PSO you are basically playing the same areas over and over and over and over again. Playing with a plasma shield and a buster early on is no different than a celestial shield and gladius when you are lv 80. The difficulty usually stays pretty consistant with your character level. Mind you there would be some early intense leveling needed to get up to ultimate.

I know having to start over can be tough, especially if you are not used to making new characters.

I think playing PSO with friends regardless of your character level or item equipement is what is most important. I think you would be cheating yourself out of good times.

I say, take a mild break to cool off. Then, if you are sitting there eyeing your Dreamcast, craving for a little PSO; make a new Arthurmaizey character and start fresh.
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:21 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
damn its shame, im suprised at the amont of pso problems there are, i havent ever even had one!! i have my pso char backed-up on a seperate vmu i keep safe, but there is nothing you can do if its disc problems i dont think, you could try one of those scratch removal kits of whatever. lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
jendri
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:41 am
quote : #4
Is it a disc-scratch problem? If so you could do what i did. Take it to youre gamestore to have it proffesionaly cleaned. Worked for me. If its a problem with the laser then why not just buy a new Dreamcast and take the laserdrive from that one? Might work. Im no expert Though. Good Luck to you.
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:08 am
quote : #5
Ah m8, no....poor Arthurmaizey, he will be missed Sad

However, I think this gives us the perfect oppurtunity to lauch PSO creche/playpen 2 sometime in the future don't you? I'm happy to start a new character to do that, I don't think you will be able to leave PSO completely somehow Very Happy so that sounds like the way forward to me...let me know what you think...PSO playpen was a great success the first time around....so why not try it out again....maybe not just yet, but when you feel you want to...and I think you will want to at some point Smile

Rest in peace Arthurmaizey - Great times Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
macnet
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:39 am
quote : #6
hey man don't do that! for those great moments you had while playing or chatting I think you should come back! and I must admit, you and Disilusioned are the guys I talk more while playing!

on the other day you told me not to buy too many devices for my DC because, as I was having problems with my console, I shouldnt buy any other devices and save the money for a new DC. now that I can play without problems ,one of the best guys around is leaving!

take a break and think about that. remember those great moments you had and the friendships you made.

Also a Maximum Pool player.
Wanna play with me? PM me and schedule a game!
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:53 am
quote : #7
Hey Blast I've had some good times on PSO with you. I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the PAL players when I say we will all help you get back to where you need to be. If it's items, a mag, an armor... whatever you need, I'll set you up with. Matter of fact, I'd be glad to donate the 4s Revival Garment M1 and I found a week or two ago. But we'd all hate to see you go.
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:05 am
quote : #8
U-235 wrote:
Hey Blast I've had some good times on PSO with you. I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the PAL players when I say we will all help you get back to where you need to be. If it's items, a mag, an armor... whatever you need, I'll set you up with. Matter of fact, I'd be glad to donate the 4s Revival Garment M1 and I found a week or two ago. But we'd all hate to see you go.

I'm with you mate!
probably I can get him a cheap console.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:53 am
quote : #9
jendri wrote:
Is it a disc-scratch problem? If so you could do what i did. Take it to youre gamestore to have it proffesionaly cleaned. Worked for me. If its a problem with the laser then why not just buy a new Dreamcast and take the laserdrive from that one? Might work. Im no expert Though. Good Luck to you.

Hi all

First, no its not a disk problem its file problem with the char. Last night whilst fluffing around trying to somehow revive the char I actualy found 3 other PSO chars one of mine and two of my Mrs from ages back that I didnt know existed anymore. Anyway they all load fine so its a file corruption on Arthurmaizey. I guess two of these chars I could use one is lv 62 I think but has no items at all must have been a char my Mrs abandoned. Another is lv 30ish but as my Mrs wasent the pure PSO player I am it is full of mega hacked items with 60% on most areas. Sadly not a mag on any of those chars that I could utalise only a lv 200 power mag grr. I think all I could salvage from them are a few 4 slot armours and an agito I think everything else is well dodgy. If someone would like to swap the lv 200 power mag for another mag I would be up for that? any traders let me know. Its in need of a bit of love and attention though in the Sync department.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone I think you make it very hard for me to quit. IT is good advice that you gave to me Lordnikon my trouble on PSO for far to long has been that I always have all my eggs in one basket. I have leveled many chars but always only one at a time, this is a habbit I need to change. Segadreamcaster I think you are on for the PSO playpen ver 2 maybe even Lordnikon can join us in that venture if he is starting soon? Also If I can clean up *Lil*Gemini she will be perfect for playing with Ryo at just the right level. Dont think I can do a lot with the Queenvic char seems like a real hack slag.

One final question on a less upbeat note as I have a little theory. Could the file corruption to Arthurmaizey have been caused by another player? Is there a code that can be used that would corrupt a char the next time it connected online or loaded up?

Thanks again all for all the encouragement and if anyone realy does want to help me I am probably gonna need someone to stand around whilst I swap items about. Not the most interesting job in the world but it would be a good way to help out.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:21 am
quote : #10
what can I do for you mate?
Smile

don't think on quitting!
I'm lvl 12 so...I'll need your help to raise my lvl!

M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:23 am
quote : #11
Well since this was the topic of some conversation on PSO last night (amazing how quickly word gets around there) I figured I'd throw my 2 cents worth in here. First thing to do is learn to never say things such as "I'm never going to drink again" or "Jebus, if you get me outta this, I promise I'll be at temple every week" or "I'll never play PSO again." Makes for a lot of guilt later on so stop doing it. Wink

Now that we got that out of the way, get yourself a Gen U Wine sega vmu. Plese don't use a 4X card for saving a PSO character. That has been the death of many a member of the Hunters Guild. You know that marker that you see in the area before you fight Falz? That's the memorial wall with all the names of those who have fallen victim to that evil device.

Here's the part that's going to make this whole decision thing a lot easier. You see, it seems you make an impression on people and that these people all seem to like you. Just last night alone I spoke with people from the UK, Japan, Germany and the USA and they all want you to make another character and come back to PSO. With that kind of influence on people, I can only hope that you will use your powers for GOOD and not for EVIL.

I totally agree with what was said above that the game is fun no mater what the level. In fact in many ways the game is more fun at lower levels. Here again, due to your AMAZING popularity, you have many options. 1. Make a new character and start leveling up again. I too have a level 1 character ready to go if you decide to go this route. I'm sure some others would be willing to do the same. 2. This one was suggested by one of your Japanese admirers last night. Make a new character and become a C Mode expert. You happen to be lucky (man, it must be nice to be you) that there is an interest right now by a lot of people wanting to learn and play C Mode. 3. If you take this last option I hope you remember those of us who have supported you over the years. The last option would be to forget about all of this and run for SUPREME RULER of the WORLD. I can't imagine anyone would even dare run against you so you're pretty much a lock to win.

Seems like a win/win situation so let us know what you decide. Thanks!

Your humble minion,
M1Savage

Al
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:51 pm
quote : #12
Type: PAL
I'm sure I still have a fitting mag on my bank character that I could lend you if you still need one...
That shouldn't be a great problem.

It's a sad thing how technical problems accumulate at the moment...
I just saw another player whose file got damaged because of a non-original memory card on friday.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:15 pm
quote : #13
macnet wrote:
what can I do for you mate?
Smile

don't think on quitting!
I'm lvl 12 so...I'll need your help to raise my lvl!

As I said above I realy need someone to stand in a room for a while whilst I swap some items about for a new char. If you would do it that would be great but as you have had connection issues I would appreciate it if you put them in your bank lol in case you get dc'd

M1, well I realy do not know what to say had no idea I was so popular my head has expanded njow and I am not sure I will be able to fit it out of the door here. I have no clue as to why I would be popular I just be me which most of the time just means spelling and typing badly. I am sure Ive given segadreamcaster and other many headaches trying to work out what it says in those little box's whenthereappearstobenofunctionfrom myspacebar. The reason I was debating playing again was because I had already said that when the char died I finished and also Arthurmaizey held such a sentimental value to me that the loss is more than just a pso char. I had visions of one day showing my daughter Arthurmaizey standing online most likely on a homebrew server and telling her that this was created for her before she was born. Even she might have been able to play the game, anyway all past tense now.

I am intending to create a new char and have also gained permision from my better half to clean up her chars for my own use. Gonna need some bleach I think they realy are filthy hack slags. NOt sure if I will use one or both I gota look at them again as I think they might both be the same class in which case I will just use *lil*Gemini the higher one. I realy wanted to make a male force as my new char which I was alreadyh intending to do before Arthurs demise. I was going to put Aurthur on holiday for a while and hand over his mag and various force weps I had collected to the new char. Now however a male force seems a bit of a chore so I may go for a different class. Will be doing some C mode, one of the last games I played with Arthur was c1 with Thira I think I remember some of it.

Anyway I may be on tonight not sure I may sort out some of these chars and guild card lists etc. All depends what time the other half goes to bed.

Ohh as for the 4x memory card I here what you say M1 but I had no issue with the 4x card I was using ever before. I dont think AM's demise was caused by the card it was either a DC reset or a malicious code. MY DC has not reset since so maybe the later is a possability. ON the night before AM died I had a not overly plesent conversation with a guy who was on about cheating. Later on in the evening he arrived in the lobby where I was chatting stayed for about 20 seconds then said he was going offline. The next day I come online and my file is corrupted after I log on. JUst get the feeling the 20 secs he spent in the lobby maybe used some kind of code, I do not believe in co-incidence. All the current chars I have are on official VMU's anyway as they are old so it shouldent be an issue whatever.

Laters

Edit: I am not sure about supreme ruler of the world but I hear there is a small vacancy for leader of the Liberal Democrat party, perhaps this is my big chance. Today Lib dems, tommorow the world.
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:01 pm
quote : #14
Blast wrote:
As I said above I realy need someone to stand in a room for a while whilst I swap some items about for a new char. If you would do it that would be great but as you have had connection issues I would appreciate it if you put them in your bank lol in case you get dc'd

Hi m8,

I will of course do this for you if you want me to, I would even connect with a BBA for extra stability for you Smile after all you did it for me so im happy to return the favour anytime from Tuesday Smile or hopefully anyway Smile

Really is sad about your PSO character, as you said I was online with you and I think it was "Sam" wasnt it? when you announced you were going offline to take vic to hospital for the birth of Maizey...amazing really...really does make it extra hard to lose that character, hell even I have a bit of a sentimental attachment to that character....let alone you Sad

As for the rest....well what a popular guy you must be....and here I was thinking I was ur only friend....lmao Twisted Evil . Goodluck with that new job with the lib dems Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:47 pm
quote : #15
HI Craig

Yeh thanks mate if I am not sorted by Tuesday then your help will be much appreciated Smile Was it Sam on on that night then I always get it mixed up, so was it Me you sam and M1 or Me you Sam and Brock?

Hope your getting the TV on Tuesday, the TV that killed your online christmas Sad Maybe you can wait til the easter bank holiday and it can rise again Smile

Gota rush ... interview at Lib dems HQ, do you think I should keep it quiet that I drink a bit?

Laters