Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 86
Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So I ordered the RPG "Evolution" for 9.50 after SH. It was advertised as factory sealed. Then I recieved the game and........no folded plastic corners. Instead it was the dredded "shrink wrapped". The case was scratched to hell and back, which I can replace. Its just a CD case. The Manual is in good condition but was weathered a bit from moisture.(sort or warpy). Then the worst part is the disc has a very clear scratch on it. Not one of those deep scratches, but those smeared grazing scratches. It is very obvious though, and about an inch long. Then there are a few "dot like" nicks about 6 or 7 of them as well.

I hate it when this happens. It is complete with case and manual, and the disc is in near mint condition, but now I have to go track down yet another copy of the game because I really wanted it and Evolution 2 brand new sealed.

I usually won't get too ticked about it if the disc is pristine, but this time it wasn't.

Has this ever happened to you? I am sure it has happened to some, I am really just using this post to vent about the situation.

(Good thing my Seventh Cross game arrived factory sealed with folded corners, as that game cost me a bit more.)
Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:07 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
With Dreamcast games no as I normaly buy used copys. For christmas my Mrs bought me the entire series of the wonder years on dvd and when they arrived they are not even originals. The intorduction even clearly states that this is an official copy that is for the sole use of the original puchaser. Shrink wrapped and with photo coppied covers I dont think its worth the 38 that was paid. I checked the ad and there is no mention of them being copy because of course that is not allowed on ebay. I am in the process of complaining to the seller I think I will get nowhere in which case I will leave negative feedback and complain to ebay. They dont even play on my PS2 they play in balck and white as do all copys on my PS2. Dont have a dvd Sad

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:46 pm
quote : #3
i got garou mark of the wolves for like 30 quid maybe 40 was said to be brand new but was in resealabled shrink wrap...bugger

Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:14 am
quote : #4
I never really ran into the problem, although in a similar condition, I got a console that was supposed to be in good condition, and the plastic case that incases the unit it exactly "perfect". That it horrible though when they state that it's in mint condition, than the disc is like all banged up. I know for one that the DC is a bitch with scratches. At my local video store, some of the games that I rented wouldn't boot up at all just from a slight scratch. It's a bummer. Can't you return Nikon, or even complain about the condition of the item?