Total Votes : 17
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:51 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
whats it gonna be?

Ideally most would think KB and Mouse but I just figured I would start this poll to get an idea of what the majority uses. Lately I been lovin the controller.
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:24 am
quote : #2
RESPECT for any kill by pad Razz Grube prefers green mouse and kb

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:09 am
quote : #3
well i never use a controller or a mouse or even a keyboard, i just strap on some gloves and put on some VR googles with the Q3 PC ver, but since its the DC then i choose controller i guess
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:28 pm
quote : #4
Well, I cut my Q3A teeth on the PC version, so a keyboard and mouse is definitely my number one choice. I have a really hard time playing any FPS with a pad; even Goldeneye on N64.

I admit that there is a certain "legitimacy" to playing with a pad, but I just can't do it.

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:20 pm
quote : #5
Well i used to use Mouse an Keys.. but it evolved into a Mouse and Pad combo Smile (mouse to look and pad to move of course)
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:11 pm
quote : #6
Key board is best for me but its a laugh playing witht he controller!
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:15 pm
quote : #7
is that a joke ... key board and mouse of course

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:42 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
KB & mouse, I bought them Just to use for Quake 3 and that turned into the way to go for every FPS for DC except Half Life which after trying I gave up started using the pad for.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:54 pm
quote : #9
I prefer keyboard and mouse, but as of the moment I might have to start getting adjusted to the controller some, because the way my dc is setup for the time being does not make for a convenient environment for mouse and kb. So I myself am at a bit of a cross roads.
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:04 pm
quote : #10
Keyboard and mouse. Every FPS goes great with it. controlers won;t work, though the XBOX controller ocmes close. The 2 analog sticks makes for great controlling, but i will always prefer keyboard and mouse.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:07 pm
quote : #11
Well what me and kontact are kinda seeing if we can get working.....is getting the PS2 controller working on dreamcast. Honestly, I play Tribes:AA and Timesplitters 2 on PS2 and.....the PS2 controller is the BOMB for first person shooters. SO AWSOME, once you get really used to the fluid dual analog....its very natural.

KONTACT did you test your ps2 to dc controller converter with your PS2 controller yet? Quake 3 has an amazing controller configuration menu, so hopefully you coudl map looking aorund to atleast 4 direction coordinates on the right analog.
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:23 pm
quote : #12
WormyTheWorm wrote:
Well i used to use Mouse an Keys.. but it evolved into a Mouse and Pad combo Smile (mouse to look and pad to move of course)

wow, how do you do that? mainly i use the controller, i play my systems on my couch, so a mouse and keybord isnt exactly ideal.

and the ps2 controller is the best one on the market. its just so versitile. second place is definatly the xbox s controller. very comfortable to hold. dead last is the cube one. what the hell were they thinking.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:49 am
quote : #13
That is true! PS2 controller is the best controller for FPS, xbox controller is quite good cause it has to analog sticks (but the normal controller is just too fat!!). Ive never tried playing a FPS on a game cube..... DC controller is very nice though especially for fighters!
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:26 am
quote : #14
lordnikon wrote:

KONTACT did you test your ps2 to dc controller converter with your PS2 controller yet? Quake 3 has an amazing controller configuration menu, so hopefully you coudl map looking aorund to atleast 4 direction coordinates on the right analog.

Well I gave it a shot, doesnt look good as I wasnt able to get either analog responding. I might try again as I tried this quickly before going out but I doubt its going to work.
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:38 am
quote : #15
kontact wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

Well I gave it a shot, doesnt look good as I wasnt able to get either analog responding. I might try again as I tried this quickly before going out but I doubt its going to work.

AHHH word. Well I think im gonna start looking around and see if there were any alternate controller interfaces. Lots of companies made a variety of dreamcast controllers. Maybe one out there has a nice setup.