41% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:51 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
That is an interesting idea; trying to get some sort of dual-analog controller working on the DC. I don't think it'd be easy, but it would definitely be interesting.

And this is a little off-topic, but I have to almost completely agree with the comments about the PS/PS2 controller being about the best out there. The only place that it doesn't come through is the digital d-pad. Really not good for 2D fighters like Street Fighter. Good for 3D fighters like Dead or Alive where you can use the analog stick, but for old-school 2D fighting with the d-pad, the PS2 controller really is sub-par. I agree that it's excellent for everything else, though. (Not like the DC's digital pad was that great either; I really miss the original Saturn d-pad. I've never seen another that was that good.)

gamzor
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:33 pm
quote : #17
keyboard and mouse

got setup the w,s,a,d to move.

although when i play its kind of hard to position the kb and mouse lol.

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #18
Heh.

I play with my controller most of the time, and occasionally use my KB to switch weapons, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a mouse to go along with my KB, but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. I'm content with just my controller and the default controls. Once you adjust to the idea of using the buttons to move, it's actually pretty comfortable. The PS2 and Xbox controllers though are bomb for FPSes. They feel so natural.

On another note, I was wondering if anyone played inverted? I feel like the only one; all my friends play non-inverted. I don't know, a year ago I would've played non inverted, but I got hooked on Timesplitters 2 for the PS2 over at my friends, which defaults to inverted, so I just kind of adjusted. Smile