Topic: Bleemcast Beta

Page 1 of 1
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:52 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does anyone know of an official compatibility sheet for the beta? I've been looking on the web and found nothing.

deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:49 am
quote : #2
don't know the answer to this question but im also intrested on what game's are somewhat compatible for this software all i know for one from what ive heard is that you can't save your progress on any game's on this software.

SNKy
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:00 am
quote : #3
Come on.. just google on bleemcast compatibility list and tada;

http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesisreviews/Bleemcast/bleemcastcompatibility.htm
Posted:
Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:26 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I would like to stress that the most interesting part about the Bleemcast disc, is that all PS1 shmups run near flawless, and only have minor audio crackling here or there.

There are tons of PS1 shooters, however some will run you a pretty penny. They are highly valued.
Posted:
Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:54 pm
quote : #5
Do 3D shooters work as well? I've always wanted to try Omega Boost...
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:04 pm
quote : #6
pakkitman wrote:
Do 3D shooters work as well? I've always wanted to try Omega Boost...

There is not a trend with 3D shooters. Shooters with a 3D perspective, meaning non-planar, might work and might not. It really is across the board when it comes to other PS1 games.

All I know is, shmups in general run on bleemcast near flawless.

EDIT: Hahaha funny, I was searching for more information on Omega Boost, since I had never heard of it before. Actually going to track down and buy a copy now that I see that it is a rail-esque mech shooter (whooo!)

But I found information at GameWatch on bleemcast, and it shows Omega Boost being played Smile So maybe it will work great with the beta Very Happy

The link also shows off the comparison shots with Ridge Racer Type-4.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/pc/docs/article/20000515/e3_09.htm

Enjoy Smile
Posted:
Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:03 pm
quote : #7
Keeep in mind that without that list, its like being up a creek without a paddle. I thank the people that tested every game and its region because it has led to success for me.
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:44 am
quote : #8
not for much but the list is all good but how come some of them keep listing the same game's with different results as the other game even though there the same like the castlevania syphony of the night and yes i saw some of them having coming from UK or JAP and USA either that i may have just reading it wrong (damn beer) Twisted Evil j/k .... and another thing has anyone read those little comments they wrote on some of those weird games's on that list i wont mention which one's but you'll see em if you look close enough there actually quite amusing Razz

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:18 am
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
I would like to stress that the most interesting part about the Bleemcast disc, is that all PS1 shmups run near flawless, and only have minor audio crackling here or there.

There is one 2d shooter that breaks that trend. Raiden Project doesnt work on bleemcast. There is some glitch with the menu that you choose between Raiden 1 or 2 that when you choose one it restarts the game.
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:59 am
quote : #10
I know this might sound like streching it, is there any way to save through the bleemcast beta? I was thinking if someone would format their VMU through an offical bleemcast disc to make it available for PS one saves, maybe it would work. After all, the PS is being emulated, and if a VMU is a memory card option, well, the possibilities...

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:31 am
quote : #11
I believe the answer is yes about saving, but seeing as i dont have an official bleem disc i cant say for sure. I think i remember someone saying it does work though.
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:12 am
quote : #12
Where can I download the bleemcast beta?

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:23 am
quote : #13
The exact same place you downloaded Half-Life. Rolling Eyes
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:32 pm
quote : #14
Here, everyone who wants it can grab the bleemcast beta from here:

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/downloads/bleemcast.rar

The file is only 361KB compressed. So, its no sweat for me to host this.

Enjoy everyone Wink
Posted:
Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:30 pm
quote : #15
I'm currently playing through Metal Gear Solid using the dedicated Bleem! disc and VMU, so I tried testing the save capability of the Bleemcast! Beta disc. I've only managed to test three games so far, Time Crisis, Apocalypse, and Darkstalkers 3, and I cannot get them to save to the VMU. I keep getting a "Memory Card Not Found" error with them.

Does anyone know if the Bleemcast! disc has any sort of save function outside of the game's normal save function? The reason I ask is because a few of the game emulators allow you to do this. I was hoping Bleemcast! could force a save too.

Anyway, both Time Crisis and Apocalypse, which apparently stars Bruce Willis, work flawlessly in game. Apocalypse just has a video sequence for the intro that's hashed, but pushing the start button bypasses it. For Time Crisis, the default controls when using a Dreamcast controller are really awkward and need to be remapped - haven't tried that yet. For kicks, I think I'll try hooking up my light gun to see if it registers at all. I highly doubt it will.

Unfortunately, Darkstalkers 3, which is the game I really wanted to work well, doesn't. The graphics are really glitchy and incomplete, and colors change randomly within characters. I was sort of hoping for a Guilty Gear sort of graphics effect.

I can dream, right?

How are my little crackers doing today?