Page 1 of 1
polandDC
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:35 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I see there still is a Sega Swirl
in online game list. So why nobody talk about that game anymore?
I got 2 following questions.
Is that true this game use use e-mail pop3 account to play online? Is there something like chat to there players? Is somebody still playing that game?
Please let me know then i will look for my own copy of game.
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:55 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
i got it 2 days ago, it came on a dc demo disc. Yes it does use pop3 mail accounts but im after one that will work with it. (i think i have but id like to try it) the game was on several demo discs and on the sega smash pack. if anyone would like a game pm me i need to try it out. hope this helps, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:41 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
lozz wrote:
Yes it does use pop3 mail accounts but im after one that will work with it.

You have to input your ISP's smtp server. This is the #1 thing everyone gets wrong. Look up the SMTP server available for the ISP you are using, and that is what you enter for the SMTP server to send outgoing email. For incoming POP3, just set it to the pop3 address that the email account is providing for you.
Posted:
Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:27 am
quote : #4
When i get the Sega Swirl and if I set it correct. I will let know in here by post reply. Then we can organizate a game.
Posted:
Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:37 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
lozz wrote:
Yes it does use pop3 mail accounts but im after one that will work with it.

You have to input your ISP's smtp server. This is the #1 thing everyone gets wrong. Look up the SMTP server available for the ISP you are using, and that is what you enter for the SMTP server to send outgoing email. For incoming POP3, just set it to the pop3 address that the email account is providing for you.

ah thanks nikon Smile i've been wondering why i could rcieve but not send email, ill have to find the smtp for bt click then. And poland if you set up a game ,im in Smile

lozz

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
i have actully never played this before. well mainly due to the fact of not knowing about using my ISPs SMTP. anyways u take turns with e-mails right? so i take it, it is a very slow paced game lol?

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:37 pm
quote : #7
hey, ok im having trouble getting my pop3 working.
I have signed up with nerdshack, i go onto dream key setup and put in my username,password and address. Then i put in my isp's smtp, i use bt click ( originally smtp.btclick.com but i was told it got changed to mail.btconnect.com) and i put in nerdshacks incoming mail smtp. It all goes well and I test it by sending an email, It pops up saying my email has been sent. I then ask my mate if he recieved the eail and he said he had'nt!! is their anything im doin wrong here?!?!
thanks, lozz.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:39 am
quote : #8
lozz wrote:
hey, ok im having trouble getting my pop3 working.
I have signed up with nerdshack, i go onto dream key setup and put in my username,password and address. Then i put in my isp's smtp, i use bt click ( originally smtp.btclick.com but i was told it got changed to mail.btconnect.com) and i put in nerdshacks incoming mail smtp. It all goes well and I test it by sending an email, It pops up saying my email has been sent. I then ask my mate if he recieved the eail and he said he had'nt!! is their anything im doin wrong here?!?!
thanks, lozz.

have you tried sending it to yourself? maybe its your friend who's having the problem.