1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, I have been at this for a while now, and I am getting closer and closer. I have invested a considerable amount of time and money in my Dreamcast Collection. I thought to myself...well....its now or never....either buy the stuff now, or get screwed trying to find the games down the road. So this has been my motto over the past 2 years.

I just finally ordered Mars Matrix, and I got it for a very solid deal: $29.99 + 3.49 SH

The seller says its mint, the game was barely played and the manual and case are in pristine condition.

This is the best deal I could have hoped for on this game.

I currently own the following:

Border Down (limited edition version)
Chaos Field
Giga Wing
GunBird 2
Ikaruga
Psyvariar 2: The Will to Fabricate
Trizeal
Zero Gunner 2

After I recieve Mars Matrix, I will only need to buy:

Radirgy (will be buying on release)
Under Defeat (will be buying on release)
Bangai-O
Giga Wing 2
Twinkle Star Sprites
Shikigami No Shiro 2

I am actually waiting on Shikigami No Shiro 2, because I have the US version on the Playstation 2. So this will be the last one I get for the Dreamcast. Twinkle Star Sprites is going to own me though. I am going to have a hard time grabbing that one without my wallet breaking in half.
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:11 pm
quote : #2
Congrats, good luck finding Twinkle Star Sprites.

I saw Bangai-O at my local EB about a year ago for 49.99 used without case or instructions, that one is way overpriced since its not really that "Rare"
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:06 pm
quote : #3
Bangaioh retailed for $29.99.

I made a good decision, looking back.
Posted:
Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:30 am
quote : #4
ah ah nice collection of shoot them ups and yet I havent even got one .
good luck getting the rest you wanted.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:36 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
man i cant wait for radilgy, i've preordered (and a 56k modem whilst at it) im *hoping* it will be arcade stick compatible so i can use it with my new shiny sticks Smile . im not sure if you know of it but isnt there a very proffesional looking homebrew shoot-em-up?? ill have a look for the link, a litle extra for your collection lol , good luck getting those, lozz.

Posted Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:49 pm:

ah heres the link to that hombrew shootemup i mentioned www.drill.rr.nu its in french but not hard to follow, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:11 pm
quote : #6
Radilgy will most definately be arcade stick compatible. There is already a thread about "Drill" on here. I'm excited about it, especially with the new developments. Nikon, you're collection so far is admirable. To date, I only have 5 (Mars Matrix, which I absolutely love, Border Down, which I absolutely love, Zero Gunner 2, which I absolutely love, Psyvariar 2, which absolutely love, and Ikaruga, which I...well, you get the idea). I'm planning to trade in Rainbow Cotton to get some money down on my reservation of UNDER DEFEAT. It just looks so hella sweet, and the 2 player will definately make it awesome.
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:31 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
pakkitman wrote:
Radilgy will most definately be arcade stick compatible. There is already a thread about "Drill" on here. I'm excited about it, especially with the new developments. Nikon, you're collection so far is admirable. To date, I only have 5 (Mars Matrix, which I absolutely love, Border Down, which I absolutely love, Zero Gunner 2, which I absolutely love, Psyvariar 2, which absolutely love, and Ikaruga, which I...well, you get the idea). I'm planning to trade in Rainbow Cotton to get some money down on my reservation of UNDER DEFEAT. It just looks so hella sweet, and the 2 player will definately make it awesome.

so under defeat is definately 2 player?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:16 pm
quote : #8
Nikon,

Wow, your schmup collection is really coming along nicely! Very cool!

Great find with Mars Matrix! I need to find Mars Matrix to help finish off my collection of US Capcom releases on Dreamcast.

Lucky!

How are my little crackers doing today?
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:47 pm
quote : #9
lozz wrote:
pakkitman wrote:

so under defeat is definately 2 player?

Yes
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:51 pm
quote : #10
lozz wrote:
...im not sure if you know of it but isnt there a very proffesional looking homebrew shoot-em-up?? ill have a look for the link, a litle extra for your collection lol , good luck getting those, lozz.

Posted Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:49 pm:

ah heres the link to that hombrew shootemup i mentioned www.drill.rr.nu its in french but not hard to follow, lozz.

Yea I have played the demo for this. It crashes after a few minutes of play sending the screen to black. The cut scenes are very well done, however the in-game sprites, enemies and bullets just arn't up to snuff. The game so far is good for a homebrew / amateur shooter. But, this is just what it is, amateur. The game could the a seed planted to eventually see the game grow into a well polished game. At the moment however it needs a ton of work.

It would not be something I would add to my "collection", as its not official and is still in amateur development stages.
Posted:
Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:17 pm
quote : #11
I remember playing for the Gamecube. That game was so kick ass! Hard as hell, especially with two players. Are all of these games two players? I heard Gigawing 2 was 4 players.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:15 pm
quote : #12
Bangai-o is fairly easy to find, in my area at least. Are you looking for all new copies or used?
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:52 pm
quote : #13
Well, the game just came in the mail. It is practically brand new. The case and manual are super glossy and crisp. No scratches or any scuff marks. The GDROM does have some very light marks. The tiny dots or faint faint scratches. The game is basically brand new, disc is near-mint to mine condition.

Once again I scored this for 29.99. I am really please that it came in the condition that it did.
Posted:
Mon May 22, 2006 5:33 pm
quote : #14
Nikon, how are you liking Mars Matrix so far? Kind of reminded me of a Cave shooter a little bit when I played it in the arcade.
Posted:
Mon May 22, 2006 5:49 pm
quote : #15
Yea I love Mars Matrix. I had put a decent amount of time into it before I got the original GD-ROM. I love how you can build up points and exchange them for credits and other bonus's in the shop.

The reason why Mars Matrix reminds you of a Cave shooter is because it is developed by Takumi. The same company that developed Giga Wing 2. You see there was a company called "TOAPLAN". When they broke up, 3 major companies were forged from this:

Raizing
Takumi
Cave

---

Also, I would like to point out to everyone that I have just acquired Bangai-O!! It is the North American NTSC-U/C release. I got it for 33.00 shipped, complete, in MINT condition. It was opened and played once.

So all I need now are Giga Wing 2, Twinkle Star Sprites, Shikigami no Shiro II.

I will be tracking them down IN THAT ORDER. Since I already own 2 copies of Shiki 2 on the Playstation 2, I can leave that one for last.