Previous  1, 2
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:40 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
kingofgrills wrote:
If it's due to 3rd party stuff, I haven't figured out what yet. I only use first party VMUs, but sometimes I use 3rd party controllers or jump packs (Performance brand).

After reconnecting my 3-party jumppack my starlancer copy worked fine without any prob - before that I had one of this freeze errors.
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:43 am
quote : #17
grubensau wrote:
kingofgrills wrote:
If it's due to 3rd party stuff, I haven't figured out what yet. I only use first party VMUs, but sometimes I use 3rd party controllers or jump packs (Performance brand).

After reconnecting my 3-party jumppack my starlancer copy worked fine without any prob - before that I had one of this freeze errors.

Very cool. I'm glad you got rid of your freezing error. So, yours worked when you reattached your 3rd party jump pack? I still can't figure out what the trigger point is for that glitch.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:55 pm
quote : #18
I tried using a Juno DUN (verified to be working using PW) and it still can't find the server.

EDIT: Tried using my legit copy. still doesn't work. Another thing I found out about my legit copy: A lot of the textures fail to load (indicating corruption or disc damage), and then crashes the game when it tries to render them. Evidence of this is in the ship select screen, where one of the ships is shown without a texture (plain white).

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:36 pm
quote : #19
Type: PAL
when you say that you cannot find the server, do you mean that an error appears telling you that you can't find the master list(or whatever) or do you see a blank list ?
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:40 pm
quote : #20
A message appears after connecting to the net that says: "Could not find gamespy server." and then the only option is to press A to disconnect.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:42 pm
quote : #21
Type: PAL
kk, just making sure Smile
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:10 pm
quote : #22
Topic Summary so far:

Original disc:
- Tried removing tremor pak, which didn't do crap.
- Textures fail to load, then the game crashes on rendering the missing textures.
- Game fails to find the gamespy server.

Backup:
- Works flawlessly for single player.
- Game still fails to find the gamespy server.
- Tried a Juno DUN - still fails to find the server.

Anyone have any more ideas, or other free ISPs or DUNs that are confirmed to work with Starlancer?
Thanks in advance.

davidsellscheaper
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:31 pm
quote : #23
I was just googling my Ebay username and found this thread. I've sold tens of thousands of units on Ebay, so I figured it might be funny--scary to think how public selling on Ebay was, over these years, without me ever thinking about it!

I don't remember this specific instance, but it looks like Smurph gave me positive feedback eventually, so I'd presume I refunded him for that Starlancer. Incidentally, Starlancer was a title I received an incredible regularity of returns on. There were always a couple of problem titles, but Starlancer was among the worst.

Depending on the quality of the DC, DC games would be overwhelmingly more likely not to load than to freeze, in my experience. Starlancer was an exception to that rule, so given my only superfluous testing they often slipped through. Good thing to know if you're in the market for the game--request a more thorough testing than would normally be necessary. Smile