Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
well as the title hints, it got reviewed!

heres the scores:
Famitsu wrote:
Radilgy (DC, Milestone) - 6 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (23/40)

Im personaly going to get this game anyway (simple pick up and play and its cell shaded, what more could i ask for ?) but im interested to here opinions......discuss!!!
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:39 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
For a period I took the rest of the Industry's word for it, that Famitsu was some sort of expert game magazine from japan. Actually Famitsu is just the EGM of Japan. I have been watching their review scores for quite sometime, and they are by no means consistant. And are just as susceptable to scruituny as any other review. Such is the nature of reviews to begin with. They gave roughly the same score to Chaos Field. I personally love Chaos Field. The rest of the Industry seems to get all "Otaku" about it, and herald Famitsu just because it is the popular gaming magazine in Japan.

This is yet another lesson in, Game Reviews and popular opinion should not dictate ones enjoyment of a video game.

I am going to be putting my pre-order in today actually. I can't wait for Radirgy to come out (btw I have started calling this game Radirgy, as it is listed as such in the URL string at MileStone's site. Although I still don't even know which is the truly accurate name of the game)

There were rumours this game would have internet rankings a la Trizeal. A news post will commence if this is the case :] But I am waiting until I get my copy of the game to write that up.

Radirgy looks to be a fantastic game, and is one of the first shooters to come out in a LONG time with a more classic design. There hasn't been a shmup out recently that has lush bright green grass with gray building structures. I have been playing a lot of Xevious lately, so this visual scheme really has me excited. Plus Radirgy's over all style is just so Dreamcast in nature. Obviously because of Jet Grind Radio, you just can't help associate Radirgy with everything Dreamcast.

I sure want Under Defeat as well, but Radirgy is the one I am most excited about.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:19 pm
quote : #3
I believe the title is correctly written as "Radirgy" since there is not an "L" equivalent in Japanese. However, when spoken in Japanese it sounds more like "Radilgy" since it's very difficult, if not impossible, for Japanese to pronounce the "R" sound. It sounds like L instead.

How are my little crackers doing today?