[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:47 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well...
Bit of a random post really Laughing
Just list the three things u'd change in Q3 - and remember, you can even list things that'd never happen ever. but just think 'imagine if i could actully change things' Razz what would ya change?

Anyway, the things i'd change would be:
1)Make master list work with PC-DC users and *always* work properly + Pick up dreamarenas forgoten servers.
2)deffonately change the max ammount of players (i'd put it to 8 probably not 16 because of too much lag)
3)in-game voice chat, that'd be fucking awsome!!

Name is xADAMx on SunstriderEU.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:01 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
If I could change anything I would revamp the interface for the command line, and have it so it is easier to read chat conversations. I like the fact that the command window slides down from above and can be hidden at anytime. Then how there is the simple basic line of text at the top of the screen. However inside the command line box, there is so much extra information about usernames that it can be some what hard to read the conversation as it is happening. It would be better if there was a toggle switch to set the command box to chat mode so it is easier on the eyes, and then back to command mode for entering technical commands.

I would also like System Link support with the DC VS cable. This would be great for people who want to get some easy Quake 3 LAN's going who don't have broadband adaptors.

I would like all of the offline SS maps to be playable online in a flawless map rotation, without having join complications.
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:06 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
you know the only thing i would probably like to change would be the map size, a nice big outdoor map would be good, epecially for sniping with the railgun Smile. otherwise i like it how it is.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:04 am
quote : #4
lozz wrote:
you know the only thing i would probably like to change would be the map size, a nice big outdoor map would be good, epecially for sniping with the railgun Smile. otherwise i like it how it is.

So basicly... a giant map with only a 4player limit? Shocked
wtf? lol!

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:18 am
quote : #5
I wouldn't want to change anything on Quake III Arena. I would like to omit the ability for pc players to play dc players.
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:37 am
quote : #6
i would like the controls to have been MORE open to customisation than it is already Very Happy cos then i could implement my completely mind shockingly brilliant half life dc controlls!!! (seriously i'd be wicked with them Twisted Evil )
rank 17
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:38 am
quote : #7
HateCrimeTexas wrote:
I wouldn't want to change anything on Quake III Arena. I would like to omit the ability for pc players to play dc players.

I'd like that done too, but that'd be my 4th change, this post only allows 3 Smile

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:48 pm
quote : #8
HateCrimeTexas wrote:

Yea I don't think anything would need to be changed really either. The game is for the most part perfect, and still reigns supreme as the most feature packed console FPS on the market. I would agree that it would be nice to have PC players not to be able to play with us, since then it would keep out people on 3GHZ machines running the game at insane resolutions being able to pick you off before you know what hit you.

BUT... the paradox is without the PC cross platform compatability, Quake 3 probobly woudn't have been online forever, and it would be exactly where UT is right now Mad

mcmonkey wrote:
i would like the controls to have been MORE open to customisation than it is already Very Happy cos then i could implement my completely mind shockingly brilliant half life dc controlls!!! (seriously i'd be wicked with them Twisted Evil )

HOW can Quake 3 become anymore customizable that it already is? What can't you customize in Q3?!??!! It can even make julian fries in seconds!
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:09 pm
quote : #9
Thats what i thought, you can change EVERY single control option in the game, cant you?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:22 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
mcmonkey wrote:

HOW can Quake 3 become anymore customizable that it already is? What can't you customize in Q3?!??!! It can even make julian fries in seconds!

being able to have button combinations like on half life DC, I just think id be more effecient if i could be able to do that.
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:42 pm
quote : #11
1: To be able to bind actions to a key and save it to a vmu for later use ex: ";bind p ;say nice1"
2: The possibility to chosse from different designs for the console . As lord said it's very hard to follow a conversations over it .
3: No filtering of Servers that run ss maps in the Server list

alot more Razz
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:53 pm
quote : #12
Saving binds on Q3 would rock! I wish I could do this on UT so bad as well. (People will see why, when I get this new guide up I am working on hehehehehe)
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:09 pm
quote : #13
lordnikon wrote:
Saving binds on Q3 would rock! I wish I could do this on UT so bad as well. (People will see why, when I get this new guide up I am working on hehehehehe)

Hell yeah they will be sad when they see what you can do with binds on the pc/mac/*nix version

May i ask you what guiude you are working on ? Is it a guide about all the diff aviable console commds ? If yes ive wrote alot of them down to create a guide for my site aswell :)

;tell fallout ^1wow you are the best quake ^7player ^2ive seen so far respect to you !!
;tell_target men fallout i beg you cool down i can no more :)
;tell_attackerI want revenge

If you need them i can send or post em here . Before i wrrite finish hte guide im 30 ..... An d i don't want this list lay around on my comp and do nothing
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:14 pm
quote : #14
Hehe yea I know what the possibilities are for binds on PC games.

The guide I am working on is UT related, and most of the information in it is new research that has not been documented anywhere before.
Posted:
Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:45 pm
quote : #15
1) More than 4 players at once (6 or maybe 8...)

2) All the old Seganet players to come back and have heaps of new people...

3) Servers all over the world that are up 24/7

and im gunna break the rules and add a fourth!

4) An online feature which allows you to connect to a web hub and view online statistics, rankings, clan information, scheduled events, downloadable material etc.... basically all the stuff that should have already been there!

If all this was happening, then Q3A for DC would be a phenomenon....

Quake 3 DC = ch0p<dCr-

Dreamcast Chat Revolution... reviving (well trying to... lol) the Dreamcast scene in Australia....