Topic: Jet Set Radio

Page 1 of 1
ricky_da_2nd
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Is Jet Set Radio any good? I heard its one of the best dreamcast games is it? I have been meaning to get it in ages but well stuff happens!

Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:53 pm
quote : #2
I Jet Set Radio (JSR) is one of the best Dreamcast games, as well as being one of the most unique games all time. The concept is to spray graffiti in certain spots. There a lot of great things with JSR.

-The soundtrack is awesome. You can just pop in the GD-Rom just to listen to the sounds
-JSR started the whole cell shading graphics with its unique look. I love the graphics
-The control is tight, with the player actually spraying his on graffitti, compared to the XBOX version where all you do is hit a button to spray
-You create your own graffitti to spray on the walls

However, there is some nitpicking of the game as well.

-It's short. If your dedicated, you can beat the game over a weekend.
-No multiplayer

Does that ruin the game? No, not at all. JSR is differently worth the purchase. It's one of the unique games out there for the Dreamcast, and it should be in any Dreamcast owner's collection since it's one of the best games out for the Dreamcast.

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:13 pm
quote : #3
You own a Dreamcast but you DON'T have Jet Grind Radio?

Get it.

And the game will last you much longer when you unlock all the characters and try to collect all the Graffiti Souls. Damn those are hard to get.
Posted:
Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:16 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Get it. You won't regret it. It's fairly cheap. It was one of the games I got (in addition to Sonic, D2, and Blue Stinger) when I first got a Dreamcast.

The graphics are only the beginning. You can customize your graffiti to whatever you want, there are multiple levels and characters to play as, and when you finish the game, there are a few extra challenges to complete. Even though I've already won it, I still play it once in a while on just the training level and try to go around the entire level on a single grind. The game is really fun.

The soundtrack is another plus as already mentioned. All in all, you won't be disappointed and will probably spend most of the time kicking yourself for not getting this gem earlier.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:34 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
got to say i agree wit hall of these, the game is pure excellence and is very cheap.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
ricky_da_2nd
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:27 pm
quote : #6
well i just orded it today! hopefully it comes by friday along with my dreamkey Mr. Green

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:34 pm
quote : #7
Good decision. This is one of my top Dreamcast games. The control put me off for a while, but then I started trying to work with the scheme, and then fell in love with the game. As previously stated, it is short, but there are plenty of unlockables, and the levels are open-ended enough that there is a lot of replayability.
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:52 am
quote : #8
I absolutely agree with everything that has been stated. I cannot stress how much of a gem Jet Grind Radio really is. It's a genre defining game, and truly helps give a glimpse of what the Dreamcast is capable of doing. If games were valued strictly on the quality of gameplay and production, this would easily be one of the most expensive games to get. Instead, it's dirt cheap.

Simply amazing.

How are my little crackers doing today?
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:33 pm
quote : #9
this game is wicked mate , from the cell shaded graphics to really cool missions to get through and the story is reall entertaining. I still need to finish it but Im really far into it.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:57 pm
quote : #10
charmed_699 wrote:
this game is wicked mate , from the cell shaded graphics to really cool missions to get through and the story is reall entertaining. I still need to finish it but Im really far into it.

I've already beaten the last boss....but i wont tell you what happens, find out yourself Wink
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:14 pm
quote : #11
i was sick (litrally) after the last boss Embarassed spinning round and round and round and round.....

Last edited by mcmonkey on Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:28 pm
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
The final boss was really cool. The music was perfect, though defeating the actual boss was a little disappointing. I think I jumped somewhere I shouldn't have been which made it a little easier, but it was still fun.

ricky_da_2nd
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:11 am
quote : #13
I got it just on friday i must say at the start its slow and slightly boring but now its awsome one the best and the graphics are brilliant thank you everyone on the oc who recomended this game! It is awsome plus i got it for £9 Brand new! Mr. Green