Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:07 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hehe [UKR]Adam1902 you are getting all crazy excited, and you have no idea what Shenmue Passport is?

... ... Confused

The disc came with Shenmue, and allowed you to connect to an online world for Shenmue where there were a variety of interactive features. Such as rankings, downloadable content, and news updates. You need Shenmue Passport to access this, and you need an already created game save on the VMU. So far the only version we have been able to confirm has this new update, is the US version of Shenmue / Shenmue Passport.
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:19 am
quote : #17
Type: PAL
lordnikon wrote:
Hehe [UKR]Adam1902 you are getting all crazy excited, and you have no idea what Shenmue Passport is?

... ... Confused

The disc came with Shenmue, and allowed you to connect to an online world for Shenmue where there were a variety of interactive features. Such as rankings, downloadable content, and news updates. You need Shenmue Passport to access this, and you need an already created game save on the VMU. So far the only version we have been able to confirm has this new update, is the US version of Shenmue / Shenmue Passport.

my freind has shenmue passport (pal version) i shall get him to try it out, whereabouts will it say about the updates?

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:22 am
quote : #18
lordnikon wrote:

... ... Confused

Nope. Laughing
Im getting all excited, because theirs gonna be new Dreamcast content, any kind of new Dreamcast content is awsom in my mind Very Happy

Quote:

... ...

Shenmue 1 or 2?

Last edited by [UKR]Adam1902 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Name is xADAMx on SunstriderEU.
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:25 am
quote : #19
Lozz, tell him to go to the passport option (requires connecting to the internet) and then select "Urgent Messages" (very top icon). You should see "22/2/2006 The Shenmue Passport is in update process. Come again and visit us!" Look at the picture on the first page if you need a reference.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:28 am
quote : #20
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Lozz, tell him to go to the passport option (requires connecting to the internet) and then select "Urgent Messages" (very top icon). You should see "22/2/2006 The Shenmue Passport is in update process. Come again and visit us!" Look at the picture on the first page if you need a reference.

ah kk , thanks

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:39 am
quote : #21
Hmm. I know what I'll be messing around with when I get home tonight. Rolling Eyes

This is strange timing, to say the least. F355 just went down, and now it appears AM-2 (AM Plus now, I think) is updating Shenmue's online functionality. I just read an article on the progression of the upcoming game Shenmue Online, so I was stoked to finally go back and replay Shenmue I and II.

Say, you don't suppose this is being updated for the game Shenmue Online? AM-2 has utilized cross-connectivity between game platforms before (F355 Challenge DC and arcade versions), so they've done it before. Suppose their doing that again by keeping a single Shenmue community? That would be awesome.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see if anything develops or if it is all just a momentary development glitch.

How are my little crackers doing today?
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:18 pm
quote : #22
ive tried it with the pal version and all i get is a message saying "the required data cannot be retrieved at this time. please try again"
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:10 pm
quote : #23
mcmonkey wrote:
ive tried it with the pal version and all i get is a message saying "the required data cannot be retrieved at this time. please try again"

Yes thats the mesage I receive as well using the PAL version, all sounds really interesting though Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:31 pm
quote : #24
See guys when i told you I was on it ages ago you though I was crazy !
I seen a lot of stuff online like downloading new stuff and looking at some other things too.

Segafreak_NL
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:23 pm
quote : #25
If it works for anyone..would this be the time to 'log packages''(In Nikon speech). A server for some stuff would be kinda cool. I don't know anything about it though..just an idea.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:30 pm
quote : #26

Oh, it's go time, Baby!

Bring it!!!

How are my little crackers doing today?
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:32 pm
quote : #27
kingofgrills wrote:

Oh, it's go time, Baby!

Bring it!!!

me want!!!!...me want now!!!
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:32 pm
quote : #28
whoa those screenshots are amazing is it finally what we all wished for ?
Really cool screenshots cant wait for more details woo woo Very Happy

and by the way how did Joy get kidnapped looks like a really action filled sequence in there. go Ryu!

Last edited by charmed_699 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:33 pm
quote : #29
charmed_699 wrote:
whoa those screenshots are amazing is it finally what we all wished for ?
Really cool screenshots cant wait for more details woo woo Very Happy

i think they were just from the promo movie of shenmue online, but.......still cool
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:43 pm
quote : #30
you forgot the picture where ryo shoots a fireball for no reason and ruins the whole series :p