Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
JoMusashi
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:52 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
My DC has been collecting dust for a few months ever since I got an Xbox and Shenmue IIx...but this past weekend, I was at a game shop and they had a decent selection of DC games. I picked up NFL 2K2, Quake III and Sonic Adventure. NFL and Q3 were still wrapped, which is why I got them even though they probably aren't collector's items Smile There's just something I like about getting a brand new game that's out-of-print for under $5. Having played a bunch of FPS on PC for about 5 years now, I have to say using a control pad for Q3 sucks. I'll get used to it though...I don't feel the need to hunt down a mouse and keyboard for just one game. Haven't played NFL 2K2 other than to see if it works, and it looks good. Most of the late-era DC games were pumping out some really good visuals. My Sonic is a mystery...the shop had a white case and an all-stars case...I picked the all-stars at first to make sure I got a "fixed" version, but the disc inside was original (saying Sega@Dreamcast rather than @Dreamcast; no all-stars logo). I looked at both discs and chose the best-condition one. I'm wondering if that was a mistake now, because it doesn't always start up (half the time it goes to the DC menu screen). I'm thinking maybe it's mint because the original owner returned it immediately after finding it didn't load back on 9/9/99. However...it does load approximately 50%, which makes me wonder...didn't all the Sonic defects from the US launch suffer from 100% start-up failure? By that I mean, didn't the defects ALWAYS fail to work? I don't recall them sometimes working and sometimes not. I suppose I should just be happy that I got a mint SA that works sometimes Smile

Check out my music:

http://www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy