Topic: PSO Offline Multiplayer

Page 1 of 2
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:44 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Was there a multiplayer pso offline ever created? I was just curious, because I know the gamecube version was pretty sweet since I could play with my friends.

Last edited by Stonefreeze on Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:46 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Stonefreeze wrote:
Was there a multiplayer pso offline ever created? I was just curious, because I know the gamecube version was pretty sweet since I could play with my friends.

no, the dreamcast versions didnt have splitscreen. you could only play multiplayer by playing online. hope this helps, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:58 am
quote : #3
damn, lol
The post name scared me shitless for a second their Laughing

Phew...

Name is xADAMx on SunstriderEU.
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:09 pm
quote : #4
Sorry bout that. I was just curious. I'm debating on which PSO to get. It's either Dreamcast or Gamecube. I'm having a hard time getting the dial up connection to work. I'm weighing in the cost of either getting a broadband adapter for Dreamcast or setting up Dial-up through PC-DC, or getting a Cube, PSO, and a broadband adapter for price of Dreamcast bba. :S I hate having to decide. We should all just get bbas for free from Sega. Very Happy Wishful thinking

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:29 pm
quote : #5
If we all get a BBA, there'd be none left. Razz

Also,
I personaly enjoy DC PSO more, but you know, im just a member posting in the DC PSO forum, if you post in GC PSO forum, they'd say the same thing about GC Razz
Ill try to list some Pros and cons anyway Wink

Dreamcast PSO:-

Pros:
Just about everyone is legit
The community is more friendly
ITS FREE!!!!!

Cons:
Price of connection* (either dial-up / BBA - You can do a PCDC anyway, and PSO seems to be the easyest game to do via PC-DC)
You need to be on Win98 to do PC-DC. (Unless your lucky and can do it with XP)

*If your in the USA, you maybe able to find a totaly free Dial-up ISP

Gamecube PSO:- (I dont know much about this, i only played twice at a mates)

Pros:
Cheap to connect (buy a GC BBA for around $30)
The fact you know the servers will last a long time (not nessaserly, but you know Razz)

Cons:
You must pay per month
The community isnt as friendly (you should be more careful with who you play with)

Thats all i can think of for now,
If i remember any more, ill edit the post Wink

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:11 pm
quote : #6
Stonefreeze wrote:
Sorry bout that. I was just curious. I'm debating on which PSO to get. It's either Dreamcast or Gamecube. I'm having a hard time getting the dial up connection to work. I'm weighing in the cost of either getting a broadband adapter for Dreamcast or setting up Dial-up through PC-DC, or getting a Cube, PSO, and a broadband adapter for price of Dreamcast bba. :S I hate having to decide. We should all just get bbas for free from Sega. Very Happy Wishful thinking

yeh dude, you do know you will have to buy a hunters licence to play on the gamecube, right?

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:19 pm
quote : #7
Like i said Laughing

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:50 pm
quote : #8
[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:
Like i said Laughing

didnt say about a hunters licence in your post mate lol. anyway if you just got pso (dreamcast) and left out buying a bba and went on dial-up, you could have like 200-300 hours online play for the price of a bba!

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:54 pm
quote : #9
fine then,
I said 'You must pay per month'... Same thing really Cool

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:36 pm
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
Stonefreeze:

As for deciding, I wouldn't pick one and not the other. I would invest your time and money into both of them. Being able to play one for a bit, and then go back to the other is worth it. I am a more dedicated GameCube Phantasy Star Online player, but I also enjoy playing PSO on my Dreamcast, and like the ability to hop onto DC PSO when I am having trouble finding friends that are online with the GC version. So it is nice to have the versatility.

Feel free to hit up the GC website and I can give you the full lowdown on GameCube PSO. (Trying to wrestle up more topics over there, so the post would be welcomed hehe)
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:10 pm
quote : #11
Alright, I'll start up some topics and register for the Gamecube site. I'm just kina disappointed. I have Quake 3 and all for the DC, and I even went out and got an older computer. Turns out, I have to buy 2 sticks of expensive ram for it. Long story short, your probably right. It would be best to get both. It just sucks there isn't an offline multiplayer for the Dreamcast, cause that's my main draw to the cube version, along with the cheaper bba for the cube.

Soniku
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:59 am
quote : #12
No, no, no... Wait a minute everybody - I specifically remember me and an old friend playing multiplayer PSO on the Dreamcast. I don't remember how it happend (unfortuantely), but I do know that the only console my friend had at the time was a Dreamcast, and the only version of PSO he owned was the original.

I specifially remember that he had a character with golden spiked hair, and I spent a while making a character that looked exactly like myself (maybe a bit thinner around the waist, though. Wink) We had to use seperate VMU's for each character. I remember that beign a hassle, yet another fact towards my theory that multiplayer was possible.

I can't say for sure wither it was split screen or not. I'm tempted to say that it was full screen and we were both on the same screen at the same time... But that would be speculation. My memories aren't as clear, but I do remember that we did play multiplayer. He would go in and jam saber death into Boomas while I sniped with handguns from the area entrance gateways.

It was fun. It was possible. Somebody help me find out how...
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:13 pm
quote : #13
Shocked If this is true, i can have a HUGE ammount of offline fun whilst waiting to get online Surprised

Gonna try and figure it out tomorrow my-self Wink The more people trying to figure out how this works, the faster someone will do it Smile
If its even true that is...

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:22 pm
quote : #14
Type: NTSC-U/C
You cannot play offline multiplayer with Dreamcast PSO.
Posted:
Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:23 am
quote : #15
I didn't think so. If there was truth is offline multiplayer, it would've caught on like wildfire by now.