Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
JimSensei
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:00 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was playing Super Puzzle Fighter IIx For Matchmaking Service the other day and came across an EX Options menu. In here, you can change the language to English, as well as the game version (to the original release or the new X release). The most unique option is the 'Time Lag' option. This is apparently used to simulate the delayed button input one would experince while playing online with SPFX.

I'll have pics once I get my capture card redone.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:40 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wait, so the time lag feature works offline?
Posted:
Mon May 15, 2006 2:29 pm
quote : #3
Yes. You can simulate lag or delay input in the offline mode.

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 9:12 am
quote : #4
What would be the point of that though?

hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 12:51 pm
quote : #5
To simulate the thrill of online racing! Complete with all the lag! Twisted Evil
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 1:43 pm
quote : #6
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:
What would be the point of that though?

Playing Q3 alone or splitscreen on one system is considerably different that playing over dial up. I figure Puzzle Fighter is probably the same way. Playing with simulated lag lets you get used to lag, get better playing with lag, and therefor lets you be better prepared for actual online sessions.

I really wish more games would have had that feature. I think it would be rad if Q3 had a gun-lag option (at least in skirmish-style single player). Honestly, though, 4x4 and StarLancer don't really seem to suffer much from lag, so to simulate it wouldn't really work.. Makes me wonder about the other no longer online games I have. Sucks for me, since I didn't get into DC online gaming until it was "dead".

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 2:34 pm
quote : #7
Type: PAL
Einhander wrote:

Sucks for me, since I didn't get into DC online gaming until it was "dead".

same story. I only got into DC about a year ago. To be honest I was after a console to play online, I don't own a router so that ruled out XBOX and PS2. gamecube only has like 3 games online. I was like wtf am i goining to do? I was really happy when i found out about DC online (being a saturn fan).
I don't find that lag is a problem at all in 4x4 evo or starlancer. PSO has slight lag (sometimes) if you are playing full player game all attacking and doing techniques.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now