Page 1 of 1
sextus
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone here knew of a guide for checking the grease/regreasing Saturn twin sticks. I'm a long time VOOT player and one of my sticks is queaking><. I see people talk about greasing them but i don't know what kind of grease or how to access the innards. Thank you!

ashlach
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:48 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
Hi,

I had a simular problem with my dreamcast, I'm guessing that the saturns are probably the same since older controllers are simular to the dreamcast, You have to open it up and the joystick sensor is magnetic and will just pull apart (it ismagnetically held together) the sqeaking come from the cover of the joystick rubbing against the main support of the assembley (kind of a semi ball and socket), I just lube up the underside with any kind of thick grease, an electronic teflon grease would be best. Then reassemble. They are pretty straight forward for taking apart and back together again but try and keep the buttons all in, and orientated. If you get it misaligned one of the controller buttons may not work, and you will have to take it apart again and reposition it. Be gentle on the screws they are cheap and wear fast if you do this often.

Good Luck

Posted Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:27 am:

Okay,

maybe my post was not helpful at all for the voot stick, but If you can't find a guide online, I would look up a flight stick probably the same, or just pick one up at goodwill for a couple of bucks. You could rip it apart and probably get a good idea of what you're up against. I would probably go with the white teflon grease, it's in everything. Trying to be helpful sorry if it isn't.