Topic: Under Defeat impressions..

Page 1 of 2
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Post your impressions here when you get it.

So far for me it's everything I expected and much more. It's simply a incredibly well made game if not the best. The military theme is done to perfection and the graphics are rediculous. Lots of cool little options so far, Reverse and Normal options are dope and can't decide which I like better, I think one feels better on a certain stage and the other vise versa. Back for more, only made it to 1-4 so far but atleast got to see the snow.
Posted:
Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:02 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
From what I have read the game is supposed to shortly pause the game when you die. So you know exactly what destroyed you. Which is cool because so many people complain in shooters "Wtf killed me? thats BS!" Now there will be no mistake what killed you.

EDIT: My copy just came right now. I was in the shower and I heard a door slam. At first I thought someone had come in, but then I heard the slow rumble of a UPS truck driving away. I knew it was Under Defeat. Skipped out to the door and sure enough, there it was. I was saddened however to know that not only the LE comes in a DVD case, but the regular release does as well. I hate DVD cases with a vile passion. I am probobly going to print out my own cover for Under Defeat and put it in a normal CD case. There is no reason for a Sega Dreamcast GD-ROM to be fluttering around in a DVD case with the possibility of getting light scratches because it isn't seated firmly. Stupid.
Posted:
Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:56 am
quote : #3
Yea that kill feature is sick. The more I play the more I am noticing little things. This game is so top notch, and so professionally done its sick, piece of fucking genius.

Haha the UPS rumble, there is nothing else like it! Cool

And as I was saying to you earlier couldn't agree more on the case, I look down at it and it IS cool since its bigger artwork. But beyond that its a shotty everyday dvd case : /

A release of this calibre deserves the best jewel case in the biz. Atleast the game itself is gold.
Posted:
Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:03 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
ive been playing it for a bit now and the graphics are astounding (i love how the enemys shake when you shoot them Mr. Green ) and i also like the option to change the view during the game. its just fantastic
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:52 pm
quote : #5
It has been 2 days since I got the game and I still have not had the time to play it. I opened it though Laughing Hopefully I can break away and take it for a test run tonight.

EDIT: Played for about 2 hours straight. Managed to 1 credit to about halfway through the snow level.
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:03 pm
quote : #6
play it VGA! it's really, really amazing! Shocked
and in Tate mode it's thundering! Cool
no less then the best shmup I've ever seen (all consoles)! Mr. Green
Posted:
Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:01 am
quote : #7
Is there a two player mode?

cabou
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:52 am
quote : #8
Stonefreeze wrote:
Is there a two player mode?

of course! and it's really well done!
there's no confusion as usual with 2P shmups , the gameplay remains clear... Wink
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:01 pm
quote : #9
Wow awesome grafics and some slow downs - same gameplay for me like zero gunners and it cant beat ikaruga. I also realy dont like the dvd box 2. It is real hard 2 take the gdr out without scratches. Oh and hehehehe - they talk german Razz. Take a look also at the cart and imagine its looking a kind like europe.
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:42 pm
quote : #10
grubensau wrote:
they talk german Razz.

realy? sounds like english to me.
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:28 pm
quote : #11
Im not kidding - I heart a clear: Auftrag ausgeführt - kehre zur Basis zurueck ... or something like that after U did one stage.
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:19 pm
quote : #12
@grub: meh - most languages sound familiar to me, thats probably due to the history of the english language.

Does anyone know which side your ment to be fighting for in this game? would probably make the game a bit more interesting.

EDIT: found explanation!!! the charcters i presume you play as are called Wilhelmine Muller and Adele Friedrich, now they're very German sounding names eh?
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 pm
quote : #13
I can't remember if there was english in this game, I havn't had time to play the game in a few weeks. I do know that "most" of the speech in the game is german.
Posted:
Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:24 am
quote : #14
i think the tower boss at the end of the snow level speaks in english
rank 40
Posted:
Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:32 pm
quote : #15
mcmonkey - very long back in time the angelsachsen came across britania - guess where they came from ...... sachsen - germany - thats why engl. and german sounds similar in alot of words.

And Wilhelmine Müller and Adele are very old german names which arent use today.