1, 2, 3  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This has been a long time coming. The website is now currently up to date with my entire archive of download content for the Sega Dreamcast. On top of this, Dreamkey / Dreampassport users can finally download the files. As you will see the backlog of content was enormous. It took me 3 straight days to get the page revamped and all of the new content plugged in. Most of it, I didn't even know what it was. If the file had a .VMI / .VMS extension I would download it without question. I hadn't actually catalogued what some of the files were. So I had to do some serious translating and research to find out what some of them did. Also, I kept asking, "Is this download content for the game? Or VMU content?" I do have a small list of VMU content, like mini games, and some unknown japanese stuff, but that stuff can obviously wait. The Virtual On tournament replays "should" run on North American versions of the game. I think I tested this myself, but I cannot remember. Skies of Arcadia fans will be happy to see that there are now files up for every release of the game.

I took the liberty of putting all of the content on a single page, and setting it up in a table format to better suit the multi-region downloads. You can access the new page from the downloads section. Here is a direct link.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:13 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
this is great! nowi can download straight from my dc!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:48 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
great!! now i dont have to worry about using planetweb Smile will some of the US downloads work with the pal versions of the game?
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:58 pm
quote : #4
mcmonkey wrote:
great!! now i dont have to worry about using planetweb Smile will some of the US downloads work with the pal versions of the game?

I went over this in the description at the top of the Official Downloads Content page. Last 2 sentences.
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:54 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U
i'm really interested in those virtual on replays. I can only imagine how insane those battles are!

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:33 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
Nice one mate, always good to see new stuff added.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:01 pm
quote : #7
Zeiram_Wing wrote:
i'm really interested in those virtual on replays. I can only imagine how insane those battles are!

Yea I watched some of them already. Very furious battles and a good way to pick up some strategies.

Blast wrote:
Nice one mate, always good to see new stuff added.

Laters

I am just glad it is out of the way. This has been hanging over my head for quite sometime now. Everytime someone would ask about trying to download the saves with a dreampassport / dreamkey browser, or saying how the skies of arcadia files wouldn't work on the PAL version, I would start convulsing and twitching. It was further reminding me that I still hadn't gotten this section revamped and updated.

BTW: If those Shutokou files work on Tokyo Extreme Racer / Tokyo Highway Battle 1 or 2, let me know, since I am hoping they do so I can just use them on the domestic version when I buy them.
Posted:
Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:08 pm
quote : #8
Whoa thanks a lot for these new downloads !
When I get a chance I will try the ones I can for sure mate so excellent idea and keep up the great work you do around here. Very Happy

SireDoime
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:46 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
YAAYYY!! Holla-boo! HO-LLA BOO!
I missed d'l'ing stuff to my and VMU. Especially all those VMU games and apps.
Playtime: 0291'16" Offline Mode: HARD
ONLINE: de-railed!! XC
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:49 am
quote : #10
Fantastic! You deserve a mint lordnikon, you do so much for the community and have so little given back.
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:24 pm
quote : #11
Well, here is the deal. I do get rewards, and this is from the fruits of my own labor. One of my driving motivations behind all of the work I do around here is that I have built OC into what I would want from Sega, Sony, Nintendo or any other company who had a device with a lot online titles. Instead of sitting around waiting for a company to get it right for a chance, I decided to just do it myself. Things like a scheduler, and forums with a great community interface are something I get the pleasure of using just like you guys.

Getting the download content up on the web in a central location gives everyone the ability to access it, including myself. Sure I have it on my PC, but I havn't even checked out most of this stuff. Some of the games in the DL Content list I have yet to even finish / begin playing.

Yea... it takes work to format the page and get all of the information up and research it and blah blah blah. However my reward now is that I don't have to worry about getting it done anymore, and can sign online with my Dreamcast, download the content, and use it just like anyone else would.

I basically get stuff done so I too can be a fan of the Dreamcast just like everyone else.
Posted:
Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:51 pm
quote : #12
Excellent. I'm itching to give my DC a play through this week (spring break), and I picked up Sengoku Turb and E.G.G. (no more borrowing from friends Wink). The layout is very clean and doesn't take long to load, which is helpful on DC's modem. Thanks.
rank 12
Posted:
Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:11 pm
quote : #13
but what about Gundam!!! What about those special downloadable items for the Rise from Ashes special disk? Its like I spent so much in try to get that listed, and it got forgotten. Sad

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:48 pm
quote : #14
Tape the download content to a brick and throw it through my window. Seriously. I am usually handling such an influx of information from everyone that I am not able to remember or keep tabs on ever single bit of information. If I missed something, please remind me again about it.

Point me in the direction of the download content and information about it and I will add it to the page of course. Wink
Posted:
Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:27 am
quote : #15
are you serious? I have to find it? Its some where in there...gundam something or other.
I really can't look for it now. Swamped with HW.