Topic: Quake 3 Arena help please!!!

Page 1 of 1
xAll Hope Is Lostx
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
this is my first time posting and just want to say first i love my Dreamcast, wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. anyway the point here is that ever since i got it i HAVE NEVER ONCE played online with the thing, i get so pissed off because every time i try to it says "user name or password incorrect" !!! ahhh its so frustrating, i must have tried 100000 times! the only game i even care to play is Quake 3 Arena, love this game!, and it would be nice to get on the internet with a web browser but more importantly would be playing Quake. so if anyone....ANYONE....can help me please please please do! my current ISP is juno so if anyone knows what to do id really really appreciate it! thanks

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:45 pm
quote : #2
What might be the problem is that Quake 3 has a limit to how long a username and password can be, so if one of the two is too long it will enter the incorrcet info. Use the first free Juno account (on the free ISP's list to the left) it has a short name and user name that works with Quake 3. Try this and post back, welcome to the message boards

xAll Hope Is Lostx
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:04 pm
quote : #3
thanks man im gonna try that tonight and ill let you know if it works tomorrow! im keeping my fingers crossed!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:31 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
xAll Hope Is Lostx, is your Juno account a personal account you pay for? Or a free account? If it is your personal Juno account that your currently pay a monthly fee for you need to ENCODE your user name and also ENCRYPT your password.

You can do so by using the following tool over at fackue's site:
http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/juno.htm

I hope this helps.

Also if your looking for a good free one. Use the 1-800 number juno free ISP in our FREE isps' listing. AC/DC just verified to me that the account does not make any long distance charges and is infact "toll free".

If you need help configuring pweb, check out our "PlanetWeb Browser Setup" guide as well.

Hope you get on the net with your Dreamcast soon Very Happy The more the merryer!
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:42 am
quote : #5
whoaaahh.. NEVER played online!!

man.. i never played OFFLINE hehe Very Happy (Quake3 i mean)
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
AC/DC
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:06 pm
quote : #6
yes use the 1-800 Juno number. On october 19th I tested it out for 20 minutes then waited for my phone bill and I didn't get charged. But you still may want to do the same test I did because dark jedi said he got a bill for using Juno so it could depend on your phoneline account.
Dream
Cast
xAll Hope Is Lostx
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:43 pm
quote : #7
well i tried it last night and it was a .........success! oh it was so awesome (even though i was so excited i couldnt play right and got killed over and over again) but unfortuneatly this morning i got in a lot of trouble and got my Dreamcast taken away for a couple weeks.lol so i wont be posting here or on my dc for a little while, but big thanks to everyone for showing how to get it done!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:54 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
xAll Hope Is Lostx wrote:
well i tried it last night and it was a .........success! oh it was so awesome (even though i was so excited i couldnt play right and got killed over and over again) but unfortuneatly this morning i got in a lot of trouble and got my Dreamcast taken away for a couple weeks.lol so i wont be posting here or on my dc for a little while, but big thanks to everyone for showing how to get it done!

crap Sad that you got your dc confiscated. But AWSOME that you got online with your DC Very Happy We will anxiously await your return in a few weeks. We won't forget you. Koda is having the same problem. His parents jacked his consoles from him for getting a C in and AP class. LOL. I wonder if he raised his grade yet. hehe
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:02 pm
quote : #9
NOPE i havnt raised my grades yet lol FUCK MAN!!! i hate calculus and chemistry!!!! FUCK DAT SHIT!!! o well...maybe my parents will let me play during christmas break Razz