Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:38 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was doing some research for another post at another forum, and decided I should mirror it here as well. I tested all of the shooters I own for the PS1 on Bleemcast. There are others that I do not own yet, but I cannot test them since I down own them of course.

---

R-Type Delta - works near perfect, can't see high score after level completion though

ThunderForce V - works great, some audio skipping every once and a while (can be fixed by pressing timeout)

RayCrisis - works great, visuals are in-tact, some slowdown, music skip

Raystorm - decent, but many attacks are too transparent and difficult to see, music is flawless

Gekioh: Shooting King - plays smooth, but has serious sprite overlay problems, no music running, sound effects sound cut off

Xevious 3D/G+ - Xevious Arrangement works, but has sever slowdown, Xevious and Super Xevious will run at normal speed with perfect audio in normal screen mode (non-tate) but the background sprites are all broken up, xevious 3D/G will run great but the audio is skipping constantly and is only playable by completly turning your TV volume down

R-Types - won't boot

In The Hunt - won't boot
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:24 pm
quote : #2
Are you taking additions?

If so, Ive got one.

The Raiden Project: Wont load past the main screen.
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:46 pm
quote : #3
Nikon, that' s very cool and definitely worthy of further research. There's quite a few gems in the PS1 library.

I never owned a PS1, so for the most part I ignored the system and didn't have an existing library of games to test. However, I finally started picking up titles to fart around with Bleemcast. I guess it finally dawned on me that with my PS2, I would always be able to rely on backward compatibility in case Bleemcast didn't work with a particular title.

Yeah, I'm a bit slow at times.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:16 am
quote : #4
I think it would be pretty sweet if there was a guide on here to post with the bleemcast compatibility with the games. I know there's quite a few games I would like to try out to see if they would work on the DC. I just wish there was someway to save, since I heard that even a formatted VMU will not work for the bleemcast beta.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:18 am
quote : #5
If people could keep this thread on sh up compatbility only, that would be great. I think there is already another main thread and some others devoted to general bleemcast compatibility here in the Lounge.
Posted:
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:05 pm
quote : #6
I thought Bleemcast was only made for Tekken 3, MGS and Gran Turismo 3...
Posted:
Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:51 pm
quote : #7
There is a disc that is a bleemcast beta that can boot any PS1 game. But there are mixed results and only some work well.
Posted:
Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:35 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
There is a disc that is a bleemcast beta that can boot any PS1 game. But there are mixed results and only some work well.

is there a download of it anywhere by any chance?