Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I bought a black Dreamcast from a Game Crazy after it was dropped and refused to work. Black Dreamcasts are too beautiful to die. Got it refurbed from Sega. It look 1 week.

Holy crap that was fast. And it looked like they cleaned every inch of the system and wiped it down pretty clean. They sent me the Dreamcast Generator Vol. 2, Web Browser 2.0, and NBA 2K1. All new and unopened. What shocked me the most was the fact I didn't get the Smashpack. I got NBA 2K1. It's awesome cause I already have the smashpack and I was looking for NBA 2K1.

Has anyone else sent their Sega stuff to get fixed? It was worth every penny.
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:12 am
quote : #2
How much does it cost? Is this Sega Europe, America or Japan? If it's europe I would be very interested!
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:10 am
quote : #3
That's pretty damn good service Very Happy

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:41 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
My experience was'nt what I expected.
Instead of repairing my DC they sent me a brand new one; under normal circumstances this would've been great, but it meant I had to get a new SNAK for PSO when that was the very thing I was trying to avoid.
Still it was NEW DC, can't really complain there.
I was looking forward to Smash pack instead I received a 2nd NFL 2K1.

Inspite of my minor complaints I would still recommend them
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:08 am
quote : #5
How much for repairs? Also, what the web address for repairs?

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:54 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
i am VERY much interested, anyone know if sega europe do this?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:52 am
quote : #7
I don't know about Sega Europe, but it cost me 55 dollars.
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:04 am
quote : #8
I'm probobly going to do this for a DC I have here I got off ebgames that stops wanting to read the disc during loading screens.

Sure I could get another DC somewhere else for cheap, but I will STILL have this half-working Dreamcast sitting here that I will eventually want to to repair anyway. So it's like this inevitable thing I will have to get done.

Also them tossing in extras like the browser, generator, and a sports game is pretty awesome Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:57 am
quote : #9
Type: PAL
btw what is a "generator" disc?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:45 pm
quote : #10
The Generator Disc vol 1, is just a Demo disc.
included are
Ready 2 Rumble
Power Stone
Monaco Grand Prix
House of the Dead 2
Sonic Adventure
Sega Bass Fishing
Champ Car Racing : Flag to Flag

along with some movies of :
NFL 2K
NBA 2K
Hydro Thunder
NFL Blitz 2000
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:14 pm
quote : #11
The Generator I got has:

Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Railroad Tycoon 2
Sonic Adventure
Dead or Alive 2
Rayman 2
Fur Fighters
MDK 2

...a lot of 2's for Generator Vol. 2.
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:37 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
I'm probobly going to do this for a DC I have here I got off ebgames that stops wanting to read the disc during loading screens.

Sure I could get another DC somewhere else for cheap, but I will STILL have this half-working Dreamcast sitting here that I will eventually want to to repair anyway. So it's like this inevitable thing I will have to get done.

Also them tossing in extras like the browser, generator, and a sports game is pretty awesome Very Happy

Ditto for me. I've got two Dreamcasts I purchased pre-owned that are excellent candidates for this. One, I cannot completely rid of the soft reset problem, and the other has a GD drive in failing health. I purchase both cheap, so I'd be willing to pay $55 each to have Sega factory refurbish them with new parts.

Can someone please post the contact and procedural information for doing this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

How are my little crackers doing today?
DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:11 pm
quote : #13
Here it is its in the support section of sega.com

http://sega.com/support/supportsys.php?item=support_systems_dreamcast

scroll to the bottom where it says repairs.

Quote:
REPAIRS

Be sure to carefully follow the steps below for Sega's repair service (U.S. & Canada only):

STEP 1 - CREATE A LETTER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

* Your name
* Your address
* Your phone number
* The Serial Number of your Dreamcast
* A brief description of the problem
* An inventory list of what's in the box you are returning to Sega.

STEP 2 - PROVIDE PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR WARRANTY OR CHECK FOR REPAIRS.

A copy of your receipt of purchase must be included for warranty verification purposes. If your unit is less than six months old, the repair is under warranty. If you do not have the purchase receipt, or your unit is more than six months old, include a check made payable to "SCI/Sega Repair" for the amount of $55.00. The repair charge includes: all parts, labor, return shipping, and a smashpack software game.

STEP 3 - PACKAGE YOUR DREAMCAST FOR SHIPPING.

Carefully box up the unit and all necessary peripherals (Please, NO Non-Sega Products!) and ship it INSURED, either UPS ground or US Mail. You must also send it registered, so that the package can be traced if lost. For your own records, write down ALL serial numbers and parts sent! Make sure the package contains your letter (STEP 1) so we have all the information required to provide you with the best possible customer service.

United States Residents

Send all systems to be repaired to:

SCI/SEGA REPAIR
2430 W. 5th St.
Santa Ana, CA 92703

Note: From the time that the unit is received, please allow 5 business days to complete the repair, plus approximately 5-10 business days to return. We promise to do our best to get you back to gaming as quickly as possible!

Canadian Residents

For repairs on Sega products both in and out of warranty, please contact the National Electronic Service Association (NESA) at:

NESA National Electronic Service Association
24 Progress Ave
Scarborough, ON M1P 2Y4
416-292-3334.
nesa@istar.com

Checking the status of a repair

To check your repair status, e-mail customerservice@sega-parts.com with your name address, phone number, and the date your package was shipped.
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:54 am
quote : #14
Type: Pal
lozz wrote:
i am VERY much interested, anyone know if sega europe do this?

As the games given out were Smash pack and NFL then its not going to be europe as these games were not released here. Dunno if Sega europe do a repair service and I cant find out as no means of web browsing I have is capable of accessing the sega europe web page's. Anyone else care to find out for us?

Laters
Posted:
Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:29 am
quote : #15
DaMan wrote:
Quote:

(U.S. & Canada only):

DAMMIT! Evil or Very Mad I spent £70 getting both of my Dreamcasts fixed( I sent them to the place Sega Europe says) as they had the resetting problem. When I got them back(2 weeks late) my PSO code had been wiped, they said they couldn't find the problem and my £70 went down the bin! I took it home and found it still had the resetting problem, so I opened it up and used the tutorial on DC help. You're probably wondering why I didn't do that in the first place, well, I get nervous about opening machines.