1, 2  Next
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
pso will be a barren wasteland, people will complain about ships going down and maintenence but wont actually support the game by going online. G.rev or Milestone will release another amazing shoot-em-up and nearly everyone who buys it wont even open it up and just bought it for their collection. SEGA will totally disown all their hardware completly and will send round hired goons to beat-up people who talk about sega consoles, they will have big red nintendo, sony or microsoft stickers and slap them over any sega logos found on sega consoles(hehehe) . what do you predict for 2007?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:16 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hmm 2007 is still a ways away. My prediction is that it will be a transition period. Like I stated in another thread the new consoles are coming out. Technically the Dreamcast is still a part of "This Generation". Things will be a bit rocky for a while because people will be moving on to other things, moreso than ever because of the new consoles. Some people just won't be able to contain themselves and will be selling Video Game stuff hand over fist to afford the latest game console.

The Dreamcast right now has a split personality. It is like a system that wants to be classic and oldschool, but also is still part of this generation with solid graphics and new games coming out. I think when the Dreamcast finally moves into the realm of a classic console, then you will see traffic and activity at all Dreamcast sites across the web start to pick up again. For the next year though things are going to be rough I can tell you that right now.

I sure hope some more games come out for the Dreamcast. I would love to see Ring Age get released.
Posted:
Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:17 pm
quote : #3
Here's my 2006-2007 predictions:

-More organized tournys
-Maybe a game or two coming back
-Some great import games coming for the DC
-A full speed emulator for either the Genesis or SNES

It's crazy with the Dreamcast. A lot of people group the system with the PS1 and N64. The Dreamcast was superior to these systems graphically, the game were more expansive, and online play. The system, as Nikon said, is considered to the be with the current gen, since it's apart of the 128-bit class. A lot of the games on the Dreamcast can be easily compared to with the other systems. I think its kinda funny for the Dreamcast. There are several decent emualtors out for it, and the big thing with Nintendo's next console is backwards compatibility. It a sin that Sega couldn't do something like that.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:55 am
quote : #4
im hoping that there interest in the DC will pick up a bit next as i think that there could be a posability of sega adding the saturn and DC to the revolutions 'virtual console' feature, and to be a bit more pesamistic i think that next year will mark the end of the DC's comercial life.
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:09 pm
quote : #5
I cannot wait until the Dreamcast is just an old game console. I think because it is no longer on the market, and still a part of this generation, so many people try to be defensive about the Dreamcast feeling they have to compare it to the other systems. This gets so tiresome, especially when repeating this to people who already consider the system to be part of the 6th Generation.

Notice how these days nobody compares the SNES to the Genesis anymore. That speak is long gone. People appreciate each console for what they have to offer. I can't wait until it is like this for the Dreamcast as well.

So many people want acceptance for liking the Dreamcast, and want other people to recognize that their console interest is still "with it". A person will often bait people who play other current gen systems into this line of discussion. When the topic of games come up, the Dreamcast fan will often be quick to point out that he plays the Dreamcast and will lead the unsuspecting person down a long road of "well the dreamcast can do this, and the dreamcast has that, and new game releases are coming out and Under Defeat's graphics are amazing and current gen... blah blah blah".

It irritates me that a lot of people back Under Defeat not because of the game itself, but because it serves as ammunition for fanboy rebuttles to current gen debates.

I cannot wait until this is all over.

I am predicting and hoping it all comes to an end by 2007.

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:13 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
all that stuff in the post above

*stands up and holds glass aloft* here here

Last edited by mcmonkey on Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:07 pm
quote : #7
well in 2007 Im playing my DC online like I do now
Posted:
Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:54 am
quote : #8
Last commercial releases of DC games. Starlancer servers suffer some huge connection problems.

Also, my third Dreamcast (currently on order) will break as well, and I will have to order another one. Bloody things Very Happy

hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:53 am
quote : #9
Douggie wrote:
Starlancer servers suffer some huge connection problems.

It depends on the host of the match's connection.
Posted:
Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:46 am
quote : #10
I'll always and forever try to make someone get into the Dreamcast. But I don't even mention the new games coming out for it. I tell them to find maracas, light guns, and keyboards.
Posted:
Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:02 am
quote : #11
I think some modder person with enough time and money will crack the DC open and make us a decent DC2!

WHODEWHO!!!!
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu May 04, 2006 6:31 am
quote : #12
nintendo_DS wrote:
I think some modder person with enough time and money will crack the DC open and make us a decent DC2!

WHODEWHO!!!!

Put your money where your mouth is.

(so then it can go in my pocket)

Posted Thu May 04, 2006 7:32 am:

Shit. The money. The money in my pocket. Confused
Posted:
Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:19 pm
quote : #13
I predict and hope that someone either here or somewhere else gets UT back online. That would be huge for the community.
Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:14 am
quote : #14
you know i actually hope PBA comes back online over UT, not because its a better game but we already have a FPS online Smile

Posted Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:15 am:

+Plus I see last hope coming out late 06/ early 07 (check the last hope thread Very Happy )
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:14 am
quote : #15
It's not too hard to predict DC's 2007. I mean Goat Games are releasing twelve more games, most of them in 2007. Also some more leaked games will find a way out ? I like the idea of DC2 Smile Maybe twin parallel processing, overclocked original Hitachi RISC chips would be a logical and cost effective means. Even keeping the original GPU that would still be a fairly powerful console....... and of course even more 'Dreaming' by myself and elsewhere in the Dreamcast community Laughing
Final prediction is that the Dreamcast will still be Alive and Thinking in 2007.