Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:46 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yes, its time for me to part with my dreamcast collection. I am graduating high school in a few months, and will be starting college in the fall. I already have little time to play games anymore, and when i do play games its always halo 2. I simply dont have the time or intrests to play my dreamcast, or any of my other classic games anymore. So i am going to start selling off most of my collection, starting here.

I am posting this just to gage intrest, not to actually sell yet. The selling will be on ebay, and i only intend to sell these games as a set, not individually. Plese reply and tell me about how much you think i could get for the lot on ebay, and if anyone here would
want to bid.

102 Dalmations
4X4 Evolution
Aerowings
Airforce Delta
Alien Front Online
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Carrier
Caution Seaman
Centipede
Charge N' Blast
ChuChu Rocket
Coaster Works
Crazy Taxi 2
D2
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Daytona USA
Dead or Alive 2
Death Crimson OX
Demolition Racer: No Exit
Ecco the Dolphin
ECW Hardcore Revolution
Fighting Force 2
Flag to Flag
Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge
Giga Wing
Gundam Side Story 0079
*Half Life
Jet Grind Radio
King of Fighters: Dream Match 99
Kiss Psycho Circus
Max Steel: Covert Missions
Metropolis Street Racer
NBA 2k2
NCAA 2k2
NFL 2k
NFL 2k1
NFL 2k2
NHL 2k
Nightmare Creatures 2
Outtrigger
PenPen Trilcelon
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online v.2
Phantasy Star Online v.2 (jp)
Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights
*Propeller Arena
Quake III Arena
Rayman 2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Rippin' Riders
San Francisco Rush 2049
Sega Bass Fishing
Sega Bass Fishing 2
Sega GT
Sega Rally 2
Shenmue
Silent Scope
Skies of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Soldier of Fortune
Soul Calibur
Space Channel 5
Spec Ops II: Omega Squad
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Stupid Invaders
Super Magnetic Neo
Tennis 2k2
Test Drive LeMans
Test Drive V-Rally
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lone Wolf
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Trickstyle
Typing of the Dead
Unreal Tournament
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Wacky Races
World Series Baseball 2k1
World Series Baseball 2k2
WWF Royal Rumble

*Unreleased CD-R, complete with printed inserts
Almoast all are complete with case, inserts and manuals. (maby 2 or 3 without manuals)
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you sold the games individually over time, you would get over 700. If you sell all of this in one big lot, I doubt the auction would break 400 dollars. You don't have any rare games, and most of the ones that are your most valuable, can easily be picked up somewhere else.
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:23 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
I agree.

If you were to seel individually you have a lot of games that arent rare but still sort after (speaking from a uk perspective). These would probably bid quite well on ebay, but there are no rare games to warrant someone buying the whole lot, and a new comer to the Dreamcast probably wont require such a large catalogue.
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:57 am
quote : #4
Does your Seaman come with a mic? And for how much are you willing to let go of Super Magnetic Neo?
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:17 am
quote : #5
i know everyone would like to see it broken up, however you may get more money, but it takes a much longer amount of time. Also if sold on ebay individually ebay would gain alot of your money (ad prices and %) i wouldsay you would get £250 - £300 thats about $500 i think. hope this helps, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:55 pm
quote : #6
id buy a few things individually if your wanted to break it up.

i PMed you with the games im interested in.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:33 pm
quote : #7
Um, ditto for what Nikon and Masterchief said.

From my experience selling and buying (mostly buying) on Ebay, you will lose your shorts selling that collection as a lot. You would be far better selling some of the games individually. There are some games there that would be better sold in a lot, because individually, they won't generate that much interest. Following are the games that if I were you, I would absolutely not sell in a lot. They are:

SF: Alpha III
Sega Bass Fishing 2
Skies of Arcadia
King of Fighters
Gigawing
San Francisco Rush: 2049
Gundam Side Story: 0079
Seaman
Wacky Races
Daytona USA
Death Crimson OX
Outtrigger
Metropolis Street Racer
Dead or Alive 2
Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure 2

Even with Ebay's fees, you would be far ahead listing those individually, if they're in good condition. Plus, it's really easy to do, and you can sync up all of your auctions to start and end at the same time, if you want. I'm currently selling 3 Dreamcast games on Ebay individually, and the combined price is over $70, with another $10.50 for shipping and Ebay fees.

Please keep in mind that it's just a suggestion. Oh, and if you're still set on selling them as a lot, please let me know when they're going on Ebay...

How are my little crackers doing today?
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:29 pm
quote : #8
I know it's strenuous, but please, do yourself a favor and resist the appeal of selling in a lot for the reasons that all the posters above me posted. I am interested in a number of your games, but, me, a high school gamer like yourself, cannot drop a huge wad of cash for a collection of games where he has about 50% of the list.
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:55 am
quote : #9
im sorry if i sound like an ass, but i cannot help but think some of you guys are purely wanting him to break the lot up due to personal gain.I know you guys have been saying that it will benefit him but he clearly states that he wants to sell them as a set. anyway thats just my opinion. Also i would advise posting this on www.dcforums.co.uk they have a section purely for sales and trades. lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:46 am
quote : #10
@ lozz - noone talked with presure 2 him and you dont sound like an azz. Its simple ever better 2 splitt a collection - thats the way you can get and make some more money. My advice is: dont sell all your stuff. Hold the best games by yourself - special the games which gave you the most expiriences. If you are selling all you will defnitly kick yourself in some years. Why I was so stupid and sold that and that and that... game. So pick some games outa ur collection and sell the rest alone (the good ones) and the others in packages.

The dude which would get your collection for a minimal prize (I dont think you reach 400 $) as a full set- will for sure splitt the stuff and sell it in portions like all said before.
Posted:
Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:40 pm
quote : #11
lozz wrote:
im sorry if i sound like an ass, but i cannot help but think some of you guys are purely wanting him to break the lot up due to personal gain.I know you guys have been saying that it will benefit him but he clearly states that he wants to sell them as a set. anyway thats just my opinion. Also i would advise posting this on www.dcforums.co.uk they have a section purely for sales and trades. lozz.

Personal gain? Relax, it's not like that. We're trying to see him make as much money as possible and not regret it later. I already have originals of pretty much every game on his list except for one or two of them, so personal gain for me is not what this is about. The last thing I need are more duplicates. However, if he did list it as a lot on eBay, there are a bunch of people who would buy it to break apart and relist for more. I haven't done that yet, but I know people who regularly do that to bolster their income.

If he wants to sell it as a lot, that's certainly his choice.

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:17 pm
quote : #12
Well it is very hard to sell something like this and not regret it later. If dwachill has moved on from games in general or is completly done with the Dreamcast then he will have no problem selling this stuff. However if he still has interest in the DC he will regret it later on in life. Video Games in general are not all that expensive. When you consider the average amount of money someone makes when they have a job, and what bills are, a game collection is not worth a lot of money. dwachill could barely pay for 2 weeks of food, and his college books with the money he will make from selling these games. It would cover about a third of a months rent.

The fact is that so much time and effort goes into compiling a game collection, and tracking down certain games that to the owner the games are worth so much more.

I consider my own personal collection to be priceless. To me it is worth so much, yet if I went to sell it I would barely get enough money to cover the amount of time and effort I spent putting it together.

When you are selling your collection, it is a lose lose situation.
Posted:
Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:34 am
quote : #13
The deal is, i have moved on from playing games, with the exception of the new stuff. And generally i only play those because i am facinated with the technical end of a game, and what developers are able to to with graphics and whatnot. Most of my time now is spent working in graphic design, bulding websites and such, because sooner or later i am going to have to make a living doing that kinda stuff. Theres just not enough time for me to play games as much anymore, and i had rather play brand new games when i have the time than older ones. Its not an issue of money, im just selling them because i dont want them anymore and its better to get some money out of them than have them sit in a box and rot.

Thank you all for your help in this matter as well. I am going to think on this for a little while, but i think i will end up selling individually and if and when i do, i will give the OC community the chance to buy any games they want before i go to ebay. Ill make a post in the auction thread at the top when i get ready to sell.

BTW: i am not only selling my DC collection. After i finish selling that, i am moving on to the rest of my collection which will include SNES, NES, Saturn, N64, Jaguar, 2600, and PSX games. So for the collectors out there, keep your eyes open, i have some hard to find items in my collection.
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:15 pm
quote : #14
Ehhh yea well, only post Dreamcast related stuff in the auction thread. Since I won't be opening up this site to sales of all types of consoles. Dreamcast stuff only in the auction thread. Thanks.

If people want anything else for other systems that dwachill is selling please contact him personally. I don't want this subject matter extended past this reply. This topic has in some respects breached into the territory of why the auction thread was created here in the first place.
Posted:
Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:16 am
quote : #15
No problem nikon. I was refering to ebay for the other stuff anyways.

You can go ahead and lock this topic now, i have gathered the feedback i needed.