Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
loki101
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:07 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
can somebody give me a website that sells japanese parts for a sega dreamcast? Sad
Posted:
Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:10 pm
quote : #2
Try www.lik-sang.com
Posted:
Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:58 am
quote : #3
i went there and they don't have any dc parts? is there anywhere else i can go to ?
Posted:
Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:44 am
quote : #4
Hmmm...I don't really know what you're trying to do since you didn't really go in depth, but I'm assuming you're trying to repair your Dreamcast. Honestly, depending on what parts you're looking for, it might be just as cheap to buy a new Dreamcast. Seriously. You can buy very cheap refurbished systems. The best part is that you could then keep your old DC and use it for scrap parts if the newer one ever craps out.

Now, you never said exactly what you're trying to do, so I'm just inferring from your post. Maybe if you let us know what exactly you're looking for and for what purpose, we could be of a bit more help.
Posted:
Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:50 am
quote : #5
Why not just send it back to Sega to get it fixed? If you do a search, someone sent their DC to get repaired, I think for like $50-60. Plus, they got a free game with their repairs. I think that would be the best solution for your DC problem.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:57 am
quote : #6
Yeah, not a bad idea, but I'd bet that you can buy a refurbished Dreamcast for that same $50-60. So is it worth it to send it back to Sega?
Posted:
Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:13 am
quote : #7
I think it's probably worth it to know that Sega has refurbished the system to like new condition with factory parts and tested it. I haven't tried it yet, but I intend to with a couple of my Dreamcasts. I've only heard good things of the program, and I'd like to take advantage of it before they cease support.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:50 pm
quote : #8
I heard some people got a free game with their system being repaired. That why I think it would be a good idea to send it back to get fixed.