Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Fri May 05, 2006 4:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi all,

Ive just purchased the 'crazy' Olympus eye trek (FMD-200)
i remember reading about its release in a DC magazine about 5 years back, when re-browsing the mag i thought.... 'Why not!'

So its been delivered, all been set up and i have to say i'm very impressed!

If you have not heard of the eye trek before, it is essentially a pair of xmen-esque glasses that you plug any av equipment into, the glasses then portray a huge 6ft screen about 1.5m away from you.

I had serious doubts.. a) about the quality of the image b) how the stereo headphones would work and c) if id start feeling incredibly sea sick.

The answer to all is possitive. With regards to the image, the resolution is good, the abilty to adjust brightness, contrast and colour is excellent, although i think the only fault here is that the image could be more colourful. It is by no means dull, but in comparison to a tele it is slightly ( and i mean slightly) faded. As for the sound, the headphones are a marvel, two headphones work excellently to create an excellent atmosphere (ive been playing shenmue 2) it really throws you into the game as the sounds are all around you, i look forward to battling my way through resident evil now! My final worry was motion sickness. Fortunately i have only been using this at night, im sure that if the viewable area below and at the side of the glasses were in day light i'd have come out feeling like a drunken sailor

Overall, if you get a chance to invest in these then i would highly highly reccomend it!
Posted:
Fri May 05, 2006 5:45 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
hey I thought i would look into that but was sad to see, they were over 100 dollars Crying or Very sad
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Segafreak_NL
rank 4
Posted:
Fri May 05, 2006 6:21 am
quote : #3
I've also seen it in that DC mag. Seemed cool but it was -indeed- very expensive. Lovely gadget, though. I might look into buying one someday.

Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Fri May 05, 2006 8:06 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Theyre stil la few pounds but at least you know that you will be able to pass it on for the same money, i thought it was well worth a test and am really pleased, Resident evil and propellor arena should be interesting on it!