Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 07, 2006 6:15 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've been looking for a decent s-video cable for the Dreamcast. Any recommendations? I've heard the Pelican one is a pile, but I'm not sure what the best one really is. I know there are Nyko and Interact ones out that also.
Posted:
Sun May 07, 2006 9:05 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Get a VGA box with s-video out so you can also use VGA if you want to. I'm using the Performance VGA box myself and love it. It can sense when you've turned on the Dreamcast will switch the channel from your PC input to the DC's input for you automatically. There's also a little override switch as well.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Mon May 08, 2006 3:07 pm
quote : #3
Dreamcast, your post just reminded me of a question on the Performance box I've always wanted to ask. Will it automatically switch from VGA to S-Video if the game doesn't support VGA?

I've always heard good things about the Performance box, but I've always wondered if it auto switched between display formats.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Mon May 08, 2006 5:35 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm not sure on that. I've always wanted to try s-video mode but never had a TV / VCR that supported it. I don't think it does. If it did it'd probably switch over and the VGA output would give me a blank screen. Instead, I just see the message from the DC telling me the game doesn't support VGA.

Maybe it needs to autosense a connection through the s-video side to make the determination, though since I don't have s-video I don't know.