Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
UMGAWA
rank 8
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 7:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
First of all, Hello!
Little info about me, i've owned my dreamcast since launch (yes i waited at the store!) and have owned the same dreamcast till this very day and its still goin strong *touch wood*.
Pre-ordered pso pal and played online the first day i bought it! i used to play with Australian gamers from the Australian official dreamcast web forum (ODWF) i used to play with a character with the same name as my forum name, UMGAWA, after the servers went down i eneded up lvling my Humar to lvl 100... sigh so boring LOL Laughing
Anyways 2 months ago i purchased PSO ver 2 (pal) off ebay, knowing the codes (SN/AK) would probably been used i got in contact with sega europe, finaly recieved them WOOHOO!......

Shocked
but to disappointed me when i try to connect (isp setup with planet web 3.0) it connects then i get a visual of the lobby but i get a info bubble claiming my pso ver 1 codes are being used by another dreamcast Crying or Very sad how can this be?
now to the point is how can i get online? ive tried deleting my isp info with PW3.0 then set it up again turn on pso ver 2, create a new character all for it to ask me for pso ver 1 codes!!! so i input my codes i have then the ver 2 codes and i get the same thing!!!

ARGGHH ive contacted sega since and they arnt helpfull! to quote them....

Quote:
Unfortunately due to the age of PSO on the Dreamcast we are unable to
reset your Serial Number and Access Keys. If you are unable to get
online with the codes supplied then we really can only suggest you play
offline.

so i ask of you oh all knowlegeable pso pal players help a hunter out and get me back online!! Very Happy
thanks in advance
UMGAWA!

ps. sorry for the long first post!

Last edited by UMGAWA on Thu May 11, 2006 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 7:53 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you have SNAKs for version 2 I would just wipe your Dreamcast's memory and then start fresh using V2 rather than trying to convert your character from V1 to V2. If you own V2, and have fresh serials for V2 from sega, then I would avoid all complications with PSO v1, and just start completly fresh using V2.

Did you run V2 and make a new character, and then you are getting errors about V1 codes online?
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 8:17 am
quote : #3
You may have to reset your Dreamcast's internal memory to fix the problem.

Since you said that the servers went offline I'm going to assume you went online with your character with NTSC Version 1?
If this is the case, when you convert to PAL version 2 it will ask for your Version 1 codes.
However, if you try to put in the NTSC codes it won't let you connect to the server.

The only solution I see is starting over

(Just a long shot, but if you could track down some PAL V.1 codes you might be able to input them when it asks. This might not work though because your character is tied to the NTSC codes.)

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 8:22 am
quote : #4
Oh wait wait. He was playing v1 NTSC? I assumed since he was from australia that he was playing PAL PSO v1.
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 8:23 am
quote : #5
Sorry if i dodnt make it clear guys... both copies i have ver 1 & ver 2 are PAL originals! Twisted Evil
and yes im in Australia.

i bought version 2 thinking to get online. it came with old SN/AK codes, i threw those in the bin and requested new ones.
from what ive been told ver 1 codes are now useless and they can only give you oflline SNAK codes! Crying or Very sad but oh well ... i got ver 2 with new SNAK codes Twisted Evil .......

Quote:
Did you run V2 and make a new character, and then you are getting errors about V1 codes online?

answer: Yes

Next question is then is how do i "wipe your Dreamcast's memory "?
thanks for the quick replies

UMGAWA

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 9:15 am
quote : #6
Planet Web Version 1.0 or 1.1 along with XDP will do the trick.

How to erase DC ROM

I thought there was another guide but I could'nt find it.
UMGAWA
rank 8
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 9:33 am
quote : #7
sorry made a mistake in my first post i had set up my isp with dreamkey 3.0 not planet web 3.0

these are the browsers i have (not shown dreamkey 3.0)
TOP : american Web Browser 2.0
BOTTOM LEFT : Dreamkey 1.0?? (original disk wich came boxed with dreamcast, in australia)
BOTTOM RIGHT: some magazine disk with Web Browser 1.1 included

i tested out your faq (Daman) with the web browser 1.1 (needed to use boot disk as i have a pal machine) and it didnt work Crying or Very sad
what should i do??

Sorry for all the questions but i really want to get back into playing with what seems to be a great community!

Thanks
UMGAWA

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 3:07 pm
quote : #8
There is another way to flash the memory. This involves burning an image to a cd with Diskjuggler, Nero or Alcohol 120% cd burning software, and popping it in your Dreamcast. I have the CD image saved to my hard-drive so if you would like it you can PM me with your email address and I can send it.

UMGAWA wrote:
Sorry if i dodnt make it clear guys... both copies i have ver 1 & ver 2 are PAL originals! Twisted Evil
and yes im in Australia.

I thought it would be strange that you wouldn't use the PAL version playing in Australia but you mentioned servers going down so I assumed you were using NTSC

fanoid
rank 5
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 4:20 pm
quote : #9
maybe have this wrong because the first post confused me a little (im a simple one) but have u tried connecting with your pso v1 ?

If its Pal and the SNAK are fine then surely it will connect ?

UMGAWA
rank 8
Posted:
Wed May 10, 2006 7:42 pm
quote : #10
Thanks guys
fanoid, yes i have tried to get online with ver , and it came up with the same information "PSO SNAK codes are being used by another dreamcast... Crying or Very sad which i dont understand, as i've said before ive owned the same machine since day 1! Neutral yet i'd rather play Ver2 as ive never used it online. Seems like the only way to play is to wipe these codes and start fresh!

Quote:
I thought it would be strange that you wouldn't use the PAL version playing in Australia but you mentioned servers going down so I assumed you were using NTSC

Due to in australia the only isp at launch for dreamcast was Bigpond (major telco here in australia) they stop backing the dreamcast after a while and many gamers couldnt connect to the net meanwhile sega were doing long server changes that went for a while and many aussie players left to go on to bigger and better things... now it seems things have changed

SEGA RPG FAN, pm sent Wink

Posted Fri May 12, 2006 12:56 am:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you to all that helped me, esp. SEGA RPG FAN, thanks mate that CD image worked well.
So anyways everybody look out for a big black RAcast called UMGAWA Twisted Evil

ps. what ship/block does this forum play on? is there one already organised, would make life easier so we could all meet up easier!

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Thu May 11, 2006 2:14 pm
quote : #11
Glad you got it worked out Cool
I usually go where my friends are , but I usually go to Rhea 10.

Btw welcome to the boards!