and only 3, yes only 3 frags !!!! Confused

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed May 24, 2006 10:51 pm
quote : #17
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
There are many factors which can affect the lag.

If you are playing with Brazil players they have higher pings usually.

Another factor is 33k modems. If you are a PAL user with a 33k modem then Quake 3 will be pretty laggy for you playing against players from North America. This will also be laggy for the people you are playing with.

Also, Free ISP's and even some pay for use ISP's don't have good speeds. Free ones in general arn't that fast.

If you are playing with a controller it is MUCH harder to play with lag than it is with a mouse and keyboard. If you are playing with a mouse and keyboard then you can lead your target a lot better. Doing so with the controller would take a lot precision.

----

Here are some things you can do to improve your Quake 3 experience:

If you have a 33k modem, buy a 56k modem. Seriously, this will help out your online experience considerably. If you are playing with a controller, and are on dial-up it is best to just assume at all times that your score will automatically be adjusted in the eyes of others to compensate for both your connection and your control setup. When I am playing online, it is impressive when a user gets 7 frags with a controller on dialup. Even though they are in last place their score is still very good. Try not to think about the score to much online, and try to have fun.

If you are a control pad user, practice makes perfect. Practice a lot offline against bots to get better at using the controller.

Finally there are some PC users that run their own Dreamcast servers because they enjoy the maps, or have decided to move on from using the Dreamcast, to use the PC instead. These people do have a right to be there, however if you run your own server you are free to set your own rules. Also, you can politely ask PC users to move to a different server. What happens with PC players is that, due to their higher resolution, framerate, and hardware specs, they have a considerable advantage. Dreamcast players, even those using the BBA will often feel like they are getting killed too early. The feeling that they are getting shot before they have a chance to engage their opponent.
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 12:50 am
quote : #18
Type: PAL
U-235 wrote:

2. JUMP Mr. Green

hahaha this is the best advise you can give anyone. Never stay still. With me im just constantly hitting the space bar Mr. Green
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 5:38 pm
quote : #19
If you're really looking for good Q3 training, there is an OC user here named RobJohnson who is pretty good. He showed me the ropes when I was playing Q3 online. (I just don't care much for this game) The name he uses in Q3 is PharoH.
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 5:50 pm
quote : #20
Type: PAL
Thanks for help Very Happy

i'm control pad user ,i use 33Kb modem (PAL) Crying or Very sad

My Pseudo in Q3A is NB-DanTE, i hope to met u in Q3A to exchange frags Twisted Evil

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 5:52 pm
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U/C
When you get a chance then I would highly recommend upgrading to a 56k modem on your Dreamcast. See if you can locate some fellow PAL users to play with. It would help the gameplay performance a lot.
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 6:27 pm
quote : #22
I'll frag with you sometime, just PM or Jabber me for a time, but remember I'm in North America and I can't play games until 21:00 my time.