Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
SNKy
rank 3
Posted:
Wed May 31, 2006 6:09 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
When I connect my PAL Dreamcast to the RGB Scart of my new TV I get a scrolling image at 60 Hz. When I hook up the Gamecube there's no problem with 60 Hz.

If I connect the Dreamcast to composite or s-video I get a blue-ish image when playing games at 60 Hz.

Does anyone here have a clue what's the cause of this?
Posted:
Wed May 31, 2006 7:22 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, if this was happening with one cable, I'd say your cable could be bad. I have a problem with my Mad Catz VGA box where I have to bend the cable that goes to my DC or else it gives everything a red / pink color. Have you ever taken your Dreamcast apart? You may have put the wrong screws back in and messed up an important trace on the circuit board. Either that or the unit overheated and now the GPU's screwy. Try cleaning off the contacts in the A/V output port on the Dreamcast with some rubbing alcohol or other solvent.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed May 31, 2006 8:46 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
I dont think its any actual problem with the leads. My friends dreqamcast will play fine on 60hrtz mode, however his PS2 won't! could just be the tv, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed May 31, 2006 12:19 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
lozz wrote:
I dont think its any actual problem with the leads. My friends dreqamcast will play fine on 60hrtz mode, however his PS2 won't! could just be the tv, lozz.

same thing happens with my ps2 and dc
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:54 am
quote : #5
I'm afraid it's also the TV since it works fine on others TV's.. strange that a new TV doesn't support this.. Would it make a difference if I use a Japanese Dreamcast on that TV?
Posted:
Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:19 pm
quote : #6
Quote:
If I connect the Dreamcast to composite or s-video I get a blue-ish image when playing games at 60 Hz.

Could it be that your tv expects NTSC only from 60hz signals? Unusual, but I've heard of it.