lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:05 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Taken from dreamcast-scene news section

GOAT prepares to Kick Off the summer holidays with this upcoming announcement.

GOAT Store Publishing to announce 2006 / 2007 projects

After Dan Loosen finished his speech entitled "Welcome to the Show" he will have only a few hours on Saturday before stepping back up to the podium... this time, as the head of GOAT Store Publishing ready to make the biggest Dreamcast announcement in years as he reveals the plans that the GOAT Store have for upcoming projects in 2006 / 2007.

GOAT Store Publishing has kept very secret about upcoming Dreamcast projects other than the GOAT Games compilation which has so far had mimimal information released about it. That will all change at 4:00 on Saturday when Dan reveals details on 10 upcoming Dreamcast projects that GOAT Store Publishing expects to release over the next year and a half.

Many of the upcoming games that will be revealed are games which have never been seen or discussed before, and during the speech there will be exclusive gameplay footage of some of the games. A few games will be playable in the DreamCon section of the show immediately following the speech. The games will cover all different sorts of genres and gameplay styles.

"I think people will be very surprised when they see some of what we have in store to reveal," stated Dan Loosen. "Developers are really grasping how the system hardware works, and there is a lot of exciting games in development that we are excited to announce!"

The GOAT Store, LLC will also be releasing signed copies of two of their most recent Dreamcast releases -- Inhabitants and Maqiupai -- at the show. The signed copies are hand numbered and limited to only 100 copies, and have never been put on public sale before the show.

The Upcoming announcment is shaping up to be D3 (Dreamcast Demo Demonstration)Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

this is some great news!! 10 projects coming up over a year and a half. Personally i love the independent releases and can't wait for more.
thanks goat games!
lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:45 am
quote : #2
That's great news! I'd better start saving! Very Happy Very Happy Smile
Posted:
Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:22 pm
quote : #3
man this is really intriguing. TEN games in a year? chief heart goats.. in store form.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:36 am
quote : #4
different genre's eh? now thats more like it!! (monkey wants quirkiness!!)
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:15 am
quote : #5
I thought i should post this because it really is quite big news! 10 projects in a year and a half, thats like a new one every 2 months!! Mr. Green

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:53 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
True, ten games is impressive for that amount of time. But I hope each game is developed fully and not rushed to meet a certain launch date.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:32 am
quote : #7
I don't mean to be Mr. Pessimist here, but GOAT Store also said that they were going to reveal lots of info on GOAT Games right after that sheep game came out (I'm tired lol). But I look forward to them proving me wrong, however.
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:38 am
quote : #8
new information, stolen for your convenience by mcmonkey Wink

Quote:
11 new Dreamcast games on the way!

Dan Loosen of the GOAT Store announced 10 new games coming to Dreamcast at the Midwest Gaming Classic.

* Feet of Fury 2

* Donk - A Cryptic Allusions remake of the CDi game.

* DCastle

* Age of the Beast Special Edition - The commercial version of the upcoming freeware game.

* Amnesia Adventure Game - A new graphic adventure.

* A new adventure game from S+F Software

* A remake of a cancelled Lynx game inspired by Tempest 2000

* New 3D Fighter using the Quake engine - By Fragger.

* Samurai Warrior - Using the enhanced Beats of Rage engine.

* Project Firestorm Shmup.

Also, GOAT Games was shown, as this will be released soon. A nice collection of minigames by some of the best Dreamcast programmers!

These will all be released in 2006/2007.

there are certainly a few games here im interested in, the tempest 2000 based game being the most notable (jeff minter is god!!).
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:59 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
Interesting, I wonder how they got past the legalities for the Project Firestorm shooter. That project was dead a while back when the developers ran into legal trouble. I guess they just started porting the game without the original developers permission.

I had seen DCASTLE in development for a long time. I remember stumbling across it a few years ago. It is cool that this game will finally be coming out. On point I would like to bring up: I don't understand the guy in the wheelchair. It contrasts drastically with the colorfull layout of the rest of the game.

So far, the few games published by Goat-Store had an overall polished feel to them. While not pro-grade, they still felt complete from a design standpoint. Especially Maqiupai.

I am wondering how many of these games will really be finished, or come off as amateur / unpolished.

I hate to say it, but the Dreamcast Independent dev scene needs more artistic vision. They are making good strides in terms of programming, but the graphic design and game art is so sub-par.

In any event, I am really anxious to see what happens with the Project Firestorm shmup.
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:05 am
quote : #10
you would have thought, with these games being independant that they would try to take more risk's (arguably developing them for the DC is a risk hehe) but meh. I'd like to how te 3d fighter will work.

soposedly dc castle has been remade from scratch and will be more prittyfull than before.....or so ive read.
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:07 am
quote : #11
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! this is so ironic lol! It was a while ago when i said that i thought age of beast should be a commercial release lol. btw mcmonkey where did you get that info from?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:21 pm
quote : #12
lozz wrote:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! this is so ironic lol! It was a while ago when i said that i thought age of beast should be a commercial release lol. btw mcmonkey where did you get that info from?

dreamcast scene hehe
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:12 pm
quote : #13
What is DCastle? Is it like resident evil or something like that?Sounds cool though

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:26 pm
quote : #14
TheOneFreeman wrote:
What is DCastle? Is it like resident evil or something like that?Sounds cool though

theres info on it here

and there's a nice new fil'm of age of the beast here Smile
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:42 pm
quote : #15
This looks very interesting.I hope the adventure games are well developed.As there was almost no adventure games on the Dreamcast.