Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:57 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Noticed this little banner over at anglefire. slightly influenced by Planet ring? or just co-incidence? you decide Smile

Posted:
Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:47 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hmm my vote goes for co-incidence. It definatly reminds one of planet ring in a way, but the idea of a person standing on a planet with a flag in it has been used many times before.

This is an example of something that strikingly reminds me of Planet Ring, and vice versa:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/i/08/36/197086.jpeg

The menu from Katamari Damacy
Posted:
Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:48 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
yeah, just think about Neil Armstrong landing on the moon and putting up a flag... I think lots of people would have an idea of a "king" of the planet with a heroic stance holding his flag ( no seual pun intended Embarassed )
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
lifes more interesting when everything's a conspiracy, it does look alot like planet ring tho
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:13 am
quote : #5
Type: Pal
lordnikon wrote:
Hmm my vote goes for co-incidence. It definatly reminds one of planet ring in a way, but the idea of a person standing on a planet with a flag in it has been used many times before.

This is an example of something that strikingly reminds me of Planet Ring, and vice versa:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/i/08/36/197086.jpeg

The menu from Katamari Damacy

Yeh I can see how the linked picture looks like planet ring Smile

The one I have posted though does not remind me of PLanet ring because of the guy with the flag thats not in PLanet ring its the colour scheme and style of writting that is what makes it look like planet ring to me. Plus I suppose the amounf of the planet viewable at the bottom.

Laters