Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
KoNeko
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey

I have never been able to pass this mission since I got this game when I was seven... Can't pass it on Sonic Adventure for DC or Sonic Adventure DX for GC....This is the mission in Emerald Coast where you have to break the capsule at the end of the level in 2 minutes with Sonic...this is just insane....the lowest time I've gotten was: 2:21

Has anybody been able to pass this mission? It seems nearly impossible xP

Thanks,

KoNeko <3

AIM: Joshy Doodles
Yahoo!: KoNek01192@yahoo.com
MSN: KoNeko1192@hotmail.com
Jabber: KoNeko1192@jabber.org
Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:09 pm
quote : #2
I have and it took a good few hours before I finally bested it. The trick, as in a lot of Sonic's time attack missions is to spin dash a lot so u can get up to full speed, as well as find the big shortcut in the level, virtually all of Sonic's levels have a large shortcut that is key to beating the A mission. In Emerald coast, when u come up to the part where there's a ramp like curve going up the left wall, run up that way, and into a small tunnel, you'll know because on the wall near this tunnel is some speed sneakers.

Finally, if you don't know the spin dash trick, make Sonic spin dash, and immeadiately after you let him go, press the spin dash button again and Sonic will run upright at full speed, you can tell b/c he doesn't bob up and down while he runs. Note: I own the DC Sonic Adventure, so i'm not sure if the same will apply to DX, it should though.
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:24 pm
quote : #3
There is a HUGE shorcut I always take. After the short-cut at the beginning of the second half, there's a check point and the path starts to dip down. Here is the part where you go into the tunnel where it makes you loop-de-loop 3 times. You can shave like 5 seconds if you just jump through the tunnel. A speed booster will launch you across some water. Before you lies a giant incline that you will need another speed booster to go up.

Here is the big short-cut: Spin-dash onto the speed booster and try to spin off the right side. Keep holding right and you'll fly right off of it and you can use your crazy-mad air to cut across a quarter of the level. You'll land in some water, but not the deep water. Run back onto the path and you should be RIGHT BEFORE you do that silly Number Pad jumping stuff.