Page 1 of 1
noonotthat
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I dont know if this has been tried or is possible at all, but I know the DC version of quake has some maps that were exclusive to the dc, and sega didnt let ID get them for PC use, but I was wondering if some one would be able to hack into the dc version of the game and get the maps onto a pc and see if they work, then wouldnt we be able to use these maps in our own dedicated servers? Sorry if this has allready been asked/tried befor, I just really like alot of the smaller dc exclusive maps.

Thank you
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:06 pm
quote : #2
I think the maps your talking about are called the SS maps ( SS standing for Split Screen).

If I remember right these maps were never officially released although people have them, including me.

noonotthat
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:23 pm
quote : #3
well I also found a site that has them, http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/nes/39.php but i put the file in my baseq3 folder but i cant select them from within quake 3 on pc, so if any one knows how to do this the right way the help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you

Posted Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:30 pm:

wow i feel stupid, the xip file had a readme with all the mapnames, so all i gotta do is make a config file with the map names in the rotation, so yeah any one else who would like to play these maps should join my server as soon as i get it up and running.

see you all on quake

well, ive ran into a hitch, I make cfg file for ffa and put in the splitscreen map names, and the server runs fine, but when i look it up on my dc, it says i cant connect to it. But if I start a lan game on my pc quake 3 on a normal map, join it on my dc (i have bba) then change the map to a dc only map, it works, so what am i doing wrong with the dedicated cfg file?
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:03 pm
quote : #4
noonotthat wrote:

well, ive ran into a hitch, I make cfg file for ffa and put in the splitscreen map names, and the server runs fine, but when i look it up on my dc, it says i cant connect to it. But if I start a lan game on my pc quake 3 on a normal map, join it on my dc (i have bba) then change the map to a dc only map, it works, so what am i doing wrong with the dedicated cfg file?

The dc has a config file for each map, which sets the gametype (ffa,ctf,..) you can't connect with your dc to a map with a wrong gametype, but if you are connected to the sever and the server change map (even it is worng gametype) you can play and won't be disconnected. But no dc player can join the game, of course.

Greetz
lo_

noonotthat
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:16 pm
quote : #5
yes i figured this out, and i know what i will do, i allready have a server set up perfectly for this, the first map is a normal pc/dc map, so all the dreamcasts can see the server when they scan, but then after that map it goes to the dc exclusive maps, so whoevers in there just stays and can experience all the dc spli screen maps with one screen, i think i will schedual a game soon so some ppl can experience this. Cool
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:41 am
quote : #6
Maybe a callvote function for the ss maps wouldn't be that bad.

Greetz
lo_