1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well I was testing out some internet time trial files. Mainly I was still testing the file I had made back a a few months ago when I was first experimenting with MSR. Well anyways, I was racing against my own ghost racer in tokyo for almost an hour.

The textures and graphics in this game are insane. Seriously this game is like as clear and crisp and detailed as any Playstation 2 or GameCube game. If I had to make a list of the top 10 dc games of all time this game would definatly go in the top 10. I was thinking about getting another racer for my PS2....but...pfff why?!?! This game is just too good, and has everything I need.

I still have yet to dive deeper into single player career mode. Something I believe I am going to spend a lot of time on in the next few weeks. Should be fun!

This game is just of exceptional quality.
Posted:
Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:14 pm
quote : #2
ON THE DREAMCAST!!!! no way buddy, i see youve havent tasted the fruits yet of tokyo extreme racer 1 and 2, especially when u blast you stereo with some ludacris,

NOTE:for a better driving experience i suggest you play some ludacris
Posted:
Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:11 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
I saw Tokyo Extreme racer on PS2 and it really didn't thrill me gfx wise. but it is neat how you can flash your lights and turn on your turn signals. MSR has insane amounts of detail. I remember reading how the developer accurately placed in everything in the city, and depending on the time and date of the internal clock, the game will look slightly different. But i find Sega GT to be the king of the crop. the tracks are nicely detailed (but some textures in the background of some of the lvl seem a bit lacking) and the cars are nicely detailed. also they are shiny, but not overly shiny. and the lighting as it works on you car is great. on some turns the signs have sorta a "chaser" effect and i sometimes will just go into the track and park my car by the lights just to watch it light up my car as they go by. and the car models "bob" up and down on a bump, and when you hit a big one, you can see the wheels actually start to turn "inward." but, to each his own, i suppose.

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:03 pm
quote : #4
woah dude tokyo for DC and PS2 iss wayy different, im not even gonna go into details, im just telling u on DC is waayy much better
Posted:
Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:12 pm
quote : #5
Metropolis Street Racer Screenshots

vs

Tokyo Extreme Racer Screenshots

Nuff said, MSR is way more beautiful that Tokyo Extreme Racer.
Posted:
Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:28 pm
quote : #6
i do really like TER, it was one of the first dc games i ever got. and i like the history begind it, the first real street racing game. a direct ancestor to NFS underground. but pound for pound, MSR is the superior game. im a fan of the series. im gonna get gothem 2 soon.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
jools
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:11 pm
quote : #7
Have you played F355 Challenge? I thought MSR was ok, but there's nothing on DC that compares to F355.

I think it's hard to say what's the best by looking at screenshots. Detail is only a small part of things. 355 runs at a constant 60fps (i hear), and the detail is good. Online races are great too.

LeMans24 is probably the next best, but still no-where near. I played 355 a lot for a year then got a PS2 and GT3. Like it, but found myself back on 355. The handling is the best, if you like Sim's.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:16 pm
quote : #8
Yes F355 is an amazing game. However for myself MSR takes the cake. This is just for me personally as a gamer. Simulation wise F355 is better. However overall as far as the environments, cars, game features, in game interface and handling, MSR appeals to me the most. They are in fact 2 very different games. As are most DC racing games, and there are many many. This is a biased post since its based purly on my own fanboyism for MSR.

In all around presence F355 proboby does rank higher than MSR. The fact that you can race online, have some fantastic first person driving perspectives, have very realistic handling and have system link compatibility adds serious bonus points to F355's credability. I think the arcade perfect translation it what puts it over the top.

In the end for me as a gamer MSR really impressed me. It's graphics especially really showed what the dreamcast can do.
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:31 pm
quote : #9
u should've compared it to TXR2 that game has insane graphics and great overall replayability, in my opionion TXR2 is the racer on dc.
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:31 pm
quote : #10
ok, i'll try to get hold of TXR2. Not seen it here though.

All this praise of MSR is making me really wanna play it again. Know i put it down somewhere in this room, grrrrrr

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:13 pm
quote : #11
jools your probability of finding TXR2 is slim because that game was limited, ur best bet is ebay but expect to pay $20 -35 bucks plus shipping and handling
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:19 pm
quote : #12
ah well. Sounded like a good one aswell. Maybe i'll find someone who can copy it. There's loads of great DC games that are so hard to find here. Especially as i can't connect to ebay anymore. It stopped working before Xmas. Maybe once i get Planetweb it'll open some doors for me.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:37 pm
quote : #13
it certainly is exceptional to look at, but i am a bit of a speed freak, my favourite racing game in general is four wheel thunder, i know its graphics arent in the same league as msr or tokyo highway challenge, but i love its handling and variety of cars and races, the tracks are amazing, especially with the different weather versions, and its got excellent multiplayer modes, not to mention it feels very fast and the graphics are pretty damn amazing just not as great as msr or tokyo.

check it out here http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/driving/4wheelthunder/screenindex.html?page=4
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:26 pm
quote : #14
Graphics dont matter that much in a game. it might be nice, but has anyone here played Pacman?
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:10 pm
quote : #15
yeah ultrapro, 4 Wheel Thunder is great. i think the graphics are excellent, really smooth. Maybe frame for frame MSR is better (i dunno tho), but a good frame rate is crucial in a racer. If 4x4 Evo is anything like 4WT i'll be happy.