Topic: Strange Samba ebay listing?

Page 1 of 1
killer-elite
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:25 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just saw this on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Samba-de-Amigo-Dreamcast-RARE-W-CONTROLLER-MINT-HTF_W0QQitemZ230014246482QQihZ01 3QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem WTH I've never seen that type of Samba Box what does it say on the Box??Where is it from???? So many Questions...

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:32 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hold on, now... Don't get too excited. It's merely the North American release of the game with a 3rd party controller set.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:52 am
quote : #3
The item is much overpriced - this 3. party controllers (called cha cha controllers?) arent that good.
Posted:
Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:00 pm
quote : #4
I've heard, from gamerz, that the 3rd party maracas actually work better than the official maracas. There were rumours that the official maracas die out after a while.
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:58 pm
quote : #5
Actually, it's the Samba Fans Maraca controller, and not the Cha Cha Amigo controller. I have both sets.

The Samba Fans controller pictured in the auction is not as reliable as the Cha Cha Amigo controller, which comes in a smaller yellow box, or the original Sega controller. Originally I ordered two brand new sets of the Samba Fans controller, only to have one set arrive DOA. I then returned that set twice before running through the remaining stock at the store. They then replaced their stock with the Cha Cha Amigo controllers and sent me one. It works perfectly and is really responsive.

This is just my opinion, but if I had a chance to do it over I wouldn't mess with the Samba Fans controller - especially used from a private party. I found it to be far too unreliable. If I were you, I'd seek out the Cha Cha Amigo controller.

How are my little crackers doing today?
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:15 am
quote : #6
DRBagabundo wrote:
I've heard, from gamerz, that the 3rd party maracas actually work better than the official maracas. There were rumours that the official maracas die out after a while.

Razz ... thats exactly the same what I heared from the 3. party maracas (they dont work for real in a 2-ppl game and they arent that responsive like the official ones) ..... it was told me by gamerz 2.