Page 1 of 1
maximus7001
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:10 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Greetings. Just got online tonight with pso v1 pal. Had to use utopia to make it work with my ntsc dc. There is almost nobody online anymore. Saw someone who asked if I was from here then he dissapeared, didnt catch his name.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:17 am
quote : #2
Actually there are people online, but since you are on v1, you might not see their games. It is best to setup some guild card meets or PM players and get their guild cards. Then you can search for them regardless if they are in a game.

Also using Utopia isn't recommended since it causes a few problems such as disabling moon atomizers.

Our game organization area (see main navigation) as a bunch of tools you can used to setup games, namely jabber which I saw a few players with away messages saying they were playing. Maybe that was the person you ran into online. Smile
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:23 am
quote : #3
Welcome to Dreamcast PSO Smile

You shouldn't use Utopia to boot PSO, because it will mess up certain aspects of the game (moon atomizers won't work, other glitches). Use something like the Gameshark CDX demo instead.

Players are around--what I would suggest is to hook up with other PSO regulars using Jabber (you can find our usernames in our profiles and the memberlist), getting their guild cards, and finding them in-game. I'm V1 too, and from experience, if you ask players to create a V1 game, I'm sure most will be happy to.

edit: nikon beat me to the punch
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:24 am
quote : #4
Great I am trying it now.

Posted Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:50 am:

Does not work. It won't load. I will need to get more blank cd's to try different burning methods. Burned it with alcohol120.

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:25 am
quote : #5
maximus7001 wrote:
Great I am trying it now.

Posted Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:50 am:

Does not work. It won't load. I will need to get more blank cd's to try different burning methods. Burned it with alcohol120.

What burning method and speed did you burn it?

KoNeko
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:19 am
quote : #6
Tao wrote:
Welcome to Dreamcast PSO Smile

You shouldn't use Utopia to boot PSO, because it will mess up certain aspects of the game (moon atomizers won't work, other glitches). Use something like the Gameshark CDX demo instead.

Players are around--what I would suggest is to hook up with other PSO regulars using Jabber (you can find our usernames in our profiles and the memberlist), getting their guild cards, and finding them in-game. I'm V1 too, and from experience, if you ask players to create a V1 game, I'm sure most will be happy to.

edit: nikon beat me to the punch

Woah thanks a bunch for telling me not to use Utopia...I was wondering what was causing my moon's not to work. I guess I'll have you use my Codebreaker from now on...

Thanks a BUNCH,

KoNeko <3

AIM: Joshy Doodles
Yahoo!: KoNek01192@yahoo.com
MSN: KoNeko1192@hotmail.com
Jabber: KoNeko1192@jabber.org
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:49 pm
quote : #7
Yea most people here used either a DX-X import disc, or some sort of cheat disc to boot up the game. However we just use the cheat disc for BOOTING the game only. It is the most viable option. Especially since you can get most discs on eBay for like 99 cents.
Posted:
Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:35 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
Quote:

Greetings. Just got online tonight with pso v1 pal. Had to use utopia to make it work with my ntsc dc. There is almost nobody online anymore. Saw someone who asked if I was from here then he dissapeared, didnt catch his name.

Hey Maximus!

That was Me!

I, very stupidily ???, pulled the VMU out of my controller by mistake. iwas thinking about playing E. G. G.
I turned on my other Dreamcast to play, then realised the file was on the VMU i was using for PSO. So
I pulled it out without thinking, and was immediatly disconnected. Sorry about that. You probally thought I was
a jerk or somethging. Sorry. I forgot PSOv2 d/c if you pull the VMU out while online.

If I see online feel free to join me.
Playtime: 0291'16" Offline Mode: HARD
ONLINE: de-railed!! XC
Puxel
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:20 am
quote : #9
Welcome! Its sad to say you have gotten further than me.. anway. If you dont want to use a boot disk, check these out.
http://forums.dcpawnshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=599
Posted:
Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:59 pm
quote : #10
I actully just ordered this game a few hors ago. Hopefully I can get my online working before it gets here. Because right now... I still can't get my DC online Sad