Topic: KOF series.

Page 1 of 1
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:06 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
i just read a review for the ps2 kof 2000 & 2001. it wasnt very kind. they totaly DOGED 2001, but said 2000 was good enough to warrent a purchace. it went on to say 98 and 2002 where the absolute best of the series. what do you all think? i saw 99 DM at game stop for 1499. is it good? worth it?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:15 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
MasterChief wrote:
i just read a review for the ps2 kof 2000 & 2001. it wasnt very kind. they totaly DOGED 2001, but said 2000 was good enough to warrent a purchace. it went on to say 98 and 2002 where the absolute best of the series. what do you all think? i saw 99 DM at game stop for 1499. is it good? worth it?

If you own a dreamcast, buy the dreamcast versions of KOF 2000 and 2001 if you are picky about your fighters. In the new version for PS2 SNk made some changes. Not very good ones either. Basically instead of the standard Pixel based art shots, they replaced them with hi-rez photo scans of actual artwork. In the game and in the character selection menu. Plus the added some weirdo clouds animation in the background of char selection menu as well.

The game basically looks cheapened by cheesy enhancments to the game. It looks incomplete and awkward. Somewhat like how CVS2 looks.....or MVS2...with 2D chars on 3D backgrounds...it just looks odd and poor. Also the dreamcast is based off of actual Naomi Arcade Hardware, so the dreamcast does the KOF series supreme justice.

As far as KOF 99 DM....that is infact....KOF 98, they just changed the name for some reason. So yes....99 DM is good, its basically KOF 98, so would be very wise to pick that copy up. I still need to track it down myself.
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:36 am
quote : #3
I've played kof 95,97,98,99, and 2001, and my favorite one is still kof dream match 99 ( err 98 ). It just has a great character roster and fantastic music.

My little brother wants the ps2 200-2001 version, but I told him that if he gets that I'm still importing those games for dc becuase they are way better on the dc. Especially now that soon 2001 will be marked down in price in january for dorekore. Very Happy